jaketuff

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Civic Si, 04 GTO, 91 Stang, 92 Stang, GLE 450
Country flag
Any drop in MPG with lighter flywheels on the 1.5T?

voodoo50

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Adding a lightweight flywheel in and of itself wonā€™t effect gas mileage. HOWEVERā€¦ if youā€™re interested in installing a lightweight flywheelā€¦. Then I believe itā€™s safe to assume you plan on using it for its intended benefitā€¦ faster revving.
So, having said thatā€¦ that is no adverse effect on fuel mileage. Itā€™s thepossible associated hauling ass and revving that will waste more gasā€¦ lol. Enjoy

5th 3l3ment

First Name
5Th 3l3ment
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Civic Si
Country flag
Interesting feed: I own a 19 Si im fbo. I have a w1 and a CM fly wheel. Some say i don't need to upgrade the oem clutch others say I should if i want higher revs. I returned the fx 350 back to CM because i didn't see how much wheel horse power if any the set up would give me. I noted exedy does though. Whats Brand is recommended for street race set up. That will complement my fly wheel and W1 turbo. This is my daily but i like to pass slow drivers under 60mph an occasional street race?

borcth

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Interesting feed: I own a 19 Si im fbo. I have a w1 and a CM fly wheel. Some say i don't need to upgrade the oem clutch others say I should if i want higher revs. I returned the fx 350 back to CM because i didn't see how much wheel horse power if any the set up would give me. I noted exedy does though. Whats Brand is recommended for street race set up. That will complement my fly wheel and W1 turbo. This is my daily but i like to pass slow drivers under 60mph an occasional street race?
You're FBO and W1 turbo and you're not slipping? How's your driving style?

5th 3l3ment

First Name
5Th 3l3ment
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Civic Si
Country flag
You're FBO and W1 turbo and you're not slipping? How's your driving style?
When driving 1.5 hours for work in the am is faster than going home due to traffic. When i go long distance im a full blown highway driver im out.

borcth

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
:hmm: Interesting...

Are you tuned? I'd think you are with the W1.

5th 3l3ment

First Name
5Th 3l3ment
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Civic Si
Country flag
:hmm: Interesting...

Are you tuned? I'd think you are with the W1.
Not yet. My turbo hasn't been installed yet. I have an opportunity to purchase a fx400 at a great price, just want to cross my T's & dot my I's before committing.

borcth

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Oh ok. I'm just still trying to wrap my head around pple who are FBO and driving it aggressively with zero issues vs others who are stock slip it almost right away. It's very weird. I remember watching Cameron Hill and all the WOT pulls and racing he did and he had zero slip. I got the rv6 retrofit clutch waiting to be installed. I just don't trust the stock clutch with it's bi polarness. That's why I've stopped all power mods and will not go above Map 2 on my Phearable 1.5 tune until the clutch is swapped out.

fenix-silver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si
Country flag
Oh ok. I'm just still trying to wrap my head around pple who are FBO and driving it aggressively with zero issues vs others who are stock slip it almost right away. It's very weird. I remember watching Cameron Hill and all the WOT pulls and racing he did and he had zero slip. I got the rv6 retrofit clutch waiting to be installed. I just don't trust the stock clutch with it's bi polarness. That's why I've stopped all power mods and will not go above Map 2 on my Phearable 1.5 tune until the clutch is swapped out.
Exedy themselves have stated that Honda didn't spec a strong enough clutch, so it seems the OEM one is right on the edge. Makes sense then that some people have issues and some don't. Probably depends somewhat on how it was originally broken in and driving style.

Doc_Mello

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CBP Si Coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I hear this. Iā€™m on Map 3 with a modded Ktuner OTS dual tune, and I rarely go full throttle, or past 50% throttle at RPMs below 3K. Need the clutch to last Until I can swap it out. I also have an RV6 + Exedy Stage 1 ready to throw in. I long for the days when I can give it any throttle I want, at any RPM, and not have to worry about slippage.

Doc_Mello

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CBP Si Coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Adding a lightweight flywheel in and of itself wonā€™t effect gas mileage. HOWEVERā€¦ if youā€™re interested in installing a lightweight flywheelā€¦. Then I believe itā€™s safe to assume you plan on using it for its intended benefitā€¦ faster revving.
So, having said thatā€¦ that is no adverse effect on fuel mileage. Itā€™s thepossible associated hauling ass and revving that will waste more gasā€¦ lol. Enjoy
ā˜šŸ¼ Iā€™ll just add that too light of a flywheel will throw a CEL. RV6 did their homework, and only lightened it enough for better responsiveness while ensuring no code.