CrisSi

First Name
Cristian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Hi I’m new to this forum and also new to owning a 10th gen. Like every other young enthusiast I’m planning on doing some basic bolt ons to quench my thirst for more power, after doing some research I’ve come to find out the stock clutches can’t really handle much more power so an upgrade would be necessary down the line. So I was hoping if anyone could lead me in the right way for a clutch that meets my criteria
-I need a clutch that is durable but comfortable for daily driving
-it needs to handle FBO hp and torque
-Can withstand a couple of launches and rowdy weekend driving for a while.
I was leaning towards a Clutch Masters clutch but any recommendation is fine, thanks a lot!

P.S. I own a 2018 Civic Si sedan
Sponsored

Jay_Tech

First Name
Jarrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
2 clutches I would recommend are the ACT clutch or Emans retrofit type r clutch. With the ACT clutch depending on how high you plan on going with hp and torque I would suggest the 6 puck sprung version. if you aren’t going crazy just their organic disc should be enough. the 6 puck will give a slightly heavier pedal but is still completely usable as a daily, I had one on a car previously and loved it. And to use with either I’d suggest Emans modified CMC. I’ve heard people have issues with clutchmasters and spec kits so it seems to be touch and go with those ones.

alxgravel

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic si 2017
Country flag
Im on ktuner 21.5 and have prl intake stage 1 for now and want to upgrade to TSP stage 1 map 3 with Downpipe and intake.
I want to be close to 300 lbs torque .

Looking for a new clutch and light flywheel for holding this power

ACT organic or 6 puck

ClutchMaster fx350 or fx400

I will love to try retro CTR by emans but Im from montreal and its look like emans is verry busy... So maybe not a option
If u guys can help me

Jay_Tech

First Name
Jarrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Im on ktuner 21.5 and have prl intake stage 1 for now and want to upgrade to TSP stage 1 map 3 with Downpipe and intake.
I want to be close to 300 lbs torque .

Looking for a new clutch and light flywheel for holding this power

ACT organic or 6 puck

ClutchMaster fx350 or fx400

I will love to try retro CTR by emans but Im from montreal and its look like emans is verry busy... So maybe not a option
If u guys can help me
If all you are looking for is around 300 ft lbs, the organic disc from ACT should be more than enough. Its rated for 363 ft lbs.

alxgravel

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic si 2017
Country flag
If all you are looking for is around 300 ft lbs, the organic disc from ACT should be more than enough. Its rated for 363 ft lbs.
Thx bro ... I dont want to do flexfuel because problems look like to start here ... And maybe in 2-3 years will upgrade to a more powerfull car so 300 lbs of torque would be find for me !

Jay_Tech

First Name
Jarrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Thx bro ... I dont want to do flexfuel because problems look like to start here ... And maybe in 2-3 years will upgrade to a more powerfull car so 300 lbs of torque would be find for me !
Flex fuel isnt so much of a problem unless you are really pushing the power higher than the motor can handle, usually a good tune can keep it safe as long as the driver isnt too hard on it. But there is a point when it will require upgraded rods to handle the power safely. I have an ACT 6 puck sprung clutch on order for myself for when I start seriously building my car because I plan to aim for 350 whp and 380-400 wtq when I upgrade the rods.

JT Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
Country flag
I'm on TSP stage 1 with an intake and my ACT organic clutch is working like a champ. Fast hookup when I want, easy to slip when I want, no chatter with the lightened flywheel.

If it wasn't for the master cylinder issue I had I would recommend it easily. I'm still waiting on the redesigned N1.

Jay_Tech

First Name
Jarrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
I'm on TSP stage 1 with an intake and my ACT organic clutch is working like a champ. Fast hookup when I want, easy to slip when I want, no chatter with the lightened flywheel.

If it wasn't for the master cylinder issue I had I would recommend it easily. I'm still waiting on the redesigned N1.
From what I have heard from others, is that it works best with either the factory cmc or Emans modified factory cmc because it maintains factory adjustment. I dont think the pressure plate on the ACT kit is designed for a different length pushrod which would throw out the engagement from the specs.

JT Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
Country flag
From what I have heard from others, is that it works best with either the factory cmc or Emans modified factory cmc because it maintains factory adjustment. I dont think the pressure plate on the ACT kit is designed for a different length pushrod which would throw out the engagement from the specs.
Yes, and it's my thread you read that in. They are updating the design of the N1 to accommodate the adjustment requirements of the ACT clutch kit and I'll be testing it once it is complete.

Unfortunately I'm sure it's delayed because of the current pandemic.

Jes_si562

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si. 1990 Honda civic w d16z6 swap (sold) 2019 Honda Civic Hatchback sport(wifes)
Country flag
im planning to get action clutch stage 2.

alxgravel

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic si 2017
Country flag

Thx bro should I upgrade the master cylinder to in the same time ?

BoostedDreams

First Name
Heisenburg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R, 2006 Mazda 6
Country flag

If you’re referring to the sirimoto n1, it didn’t fix my lock out when I had my si. I guess i had the original Version I purchased 6 months ago. The wilwood fixed it though. Matter of fact I have a new spare I need to sell.

JT Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
Country flag
If you’re referring to the sirimoto n1, it didn’t fix my lock out when I had my si. I guess i had the original Version I purchased 6 months ago. The wilwood fixed it though. Matter of fact I have a new spare I need to sell.
Have you had leaking issues with the wilwood?

So far the cobbled together N1 I am using does not appear to have fixed lockout entirely.

BoostedDreams

First Name
Heisenburg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R, 2006 Mazda 6
Country flag
Have you had leaking issues with the wilwood?

So far the cobbled together N1 I am using does not appear to have fixed lockout entirely.
Yeah the wilwood started leaking a few months after it was installed. Spec sent me a replacement, but I never installed it. Then I install the N1 which had a much lighter pedal feel, but the lockout came back. So I ended up just buying a Type R being sick of the headache lol. In hindsight I wouldn’t have modded the car to the point of needing a new clutch. Or, I would’ve gotten emans retro fit

edit: I also had amsoil tranny fluid, removed CDV delay valve, and a bunch of aquity goodies. The only way it wouldn’t lock out with the n1 was if you did a no lift shift since the rpm’s would briefly drop

Last edited:

alxgravel

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic si 2017
Country flag
So I should be good with the new batch of ACT clutch kits with the master cylinder?
Sponsored