Titoo

First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 civic si sedan
Country flag
I’m on phearable 1.5 tune, I want to upgrade my clutch but don’t really want to spend the extra cash for the flywheel. Have heard lots of mixed opinions on every clutch.
Sponsored

Kotaas

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I believe the Type r retro fit re uses your oem flywheel it just cost an arm to get lol

Kotaas

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
No, the CTR retrofit kit comes with a single mass flywheel.
Ahh interesting I thought he re used the fly wheel since he asked me for mine when I was ganna schedule my app

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 WRX STi, 2018 Sport Touring Hatchback (sold)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Ahh interesting I thought he re used the fly wheel since he asked me for mine when I was ganna schedule my app
I think that saves you money on the core return

OP, on the stock DMF I'd only use an EXEDY stage 1 or 2.

86salmon

It's Hedley, Hedley Lamarr!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic si sedan, 2001 Nissan Frontier
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
EXEDY has been good for me so far and can be used with stock flywheel

If your clutch isn't slipping yet, why not save for the whole setup and replace it fully

OP
OP
Titoo

Titoo

First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 civic si sedan
Country flag
EXEDY has been good for me so far and can be used with stock flywheel

If your clutch isn't slipping yet, why not save for the whole setup and replace it fully
it does slip a little. Considering just waiting for the whole set up

repeet

Threads
Reaction score
Website
jesus7feasts.fyi
Vehicle(s)
'23 BRZ
Country flag
Putting on a single mass flywheel really moves it away from stock. On the other hand I've heard that the dual mass flywheel is not reusable. Do your research.

I'm still contemplating what to do about my clutch. It only slips on higher boost settings when I'm really pushing it. Which has only been about four or five times. I feel lucky to have made it last for 95,000 miles. But I really want a single mass flywheel with good hold so I can "give it the beans" more often. I'm looking at the ACT setup but they are always out of stock. Add to that that I live in stock car country, and the only people who work on Hondas are used to working on Accords.

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Putting on a single mass flywheel really moves it away from stock. On the other hand I've heard that the dual mass flywheel is not reusable. Do your research.

I'm still contemplating what to do about my clutch. It only slips on higher boost settings when I'm really pushing it. Which has only been about four or five times. I feel lucky to have made it last for 95,000 miles. But I really want a single mass flywheel with good hold so I can "give it the beans" more often. I'm looking at the ACT setup but they are always out of stock. Add to that that I live in stock car country, and the only people who work on Hondas are used to working on Accords.
What about the CTR retrofit? It's mad $ but all (slightly modified) OEM parts.

Gotch

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Si
Country flag
The stock flywheel can NOT be machined. So it would be better to replace clutch disc sooner than later. I have Exedy Stage 1 and it holds the Phearable 1.5R tune just fine. I did have to replace the original flywheel due to a few hot spots. OEM clutch is $$$. The Exedy flywheel is single mass with no dampening. The Exedy clutches are not sprung either. I wanted to avoid drivetrain shock so I went with stock flywheel. It was about $300.00 more than Exedy.

RAC80

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Im at 87,000 mile and the stock clutch is slipping, not real bad yet but i have to be a little more careful. Running Ktuner 19/23 tune.
plan is to keep flywheel and find a clutch kit..... find being the operative word. All seem to be out of stock!
Q: do you think at those miles the flywheel will be fine? its my DD so if i open it up (well, no me but..) and its shot then im stuck!
changing the lot is tempting but really dont want to spent that much if i dont have to.....

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Im at 87,000 mile and the stock clutch is slipping, not real bad yet but i have to be a little more careful. Running Ktuner 19/23 tune.
plan is to keep flywheel and find a clutch kit..... find being the operative word. All seem to be out of stock!
Q: do you think at those miles the flywheel will be fine? its my DD so if i open it up (well, no me but..) and its shot then im stuck!
changing the lot is tempting but really dont want to spent that much if i dont have to.....
The stock flywheel can't (shouldn't?) Be resurfaced so if it's glazed or burnt up you're screwed. The longer you drive with slippage the more likely it won't be good to reuse.

RAC80

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
The stock flywheel can't (shouldn't?) Be resurfaced so if it's glazed or burnt up you're screwed. The longer you drive with slippage the more likely it won't be good to reuse.
Yep. not sure i'm willing to roll those dice! loos like it'll have to be flywheel too. now just to find one!!
thx.

Memogiyi

First Name
Guillermo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Exedy stage 1 has been working great for me with the stock dm-flywheel. I was experiencing some high rpm lockout, but after adding more miles on the clutch, it has seemed to not do it as often.

I will also say it’s worth noting to lightly sand your dmf (if you do reuse it) with a light grit sandpaper.