Country flag

fenix-silver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si
Country flag
Thanks man!
That makes it an easy decision of what clutch I'll be getting when I replace the OEM!
Yeah, pretty sure I'm leaning towards the Competition Clutch option as well. I'd love to not have to replace the CMC as well, but it really sounds like most of these decent options pretty much require it.

OP
OP
Jeffers

Jeffers

First Name
Jeffers
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si Coupe purchased on 11-24-19
Country flag
Yeah, pretty sure I'm leaning towards the Competition Clutch option as well. I'd love to not have to replace the CMC as well, but it really sounds like most of these decent options pretty much require it.
I'd probably take a shot of modifying the stock CMC myself. Looks like all they do is disable the diaphragm.
I actually think I could handle that.

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 WRX STi, 2018 Sport Touring Hatchback (sold)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I'd probably take a shot of modifying the stock CMC myself. Looks like all they do is disable the diaphragm.
I actually think I could handle that.
Its just a TIG weld and drilling a hole as far as I know.

Janssen098

First Name
Janssen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic si
Country flag
I just got my stage 2 competition clutch delivered today. Sucks because I want to order a kzcmc before I have it installed to avoid all the lockouts. Don’t really know how to modify one myself and not sure if any shops in my area know how. Is that the only way to avoid lockouts?

fenix-silver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si
Country flag
I just got my stage 2 competition clutch delivered today. Sucks because I want to order a kzcmc before I have it installed to avoid all the lockouts. Don’t really know how to modify one myself and not sure if any shops in my area know how. Is that the only way to avoid lockouts?
Probably the best way to be sure you won't have issues, as some of the other CMCs seem to have issues. But, I don't think everyone necessary has lockout issues and only at high RPMs, so if you have lockouts, you can deal w/ it until you can get a CMC installed.
Sponsored