Taberoo

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Sport 1.5 turbo
Country flag
I'm have some trouble with my clutch in my 2017 1.5 turbo civic.

Firstly the pedal is really squeaky. On pretty much every gear change there is a loud squeak when raising the pedal. I had applied some grease to the master cylinder rod which reduced the sound for a couple of weeks but it's now back.
I'm also struggling to change gear smoothly. Most of the time when pulling away in 1st great and when changing from 1st to second the car will either kangaroo hop or I will end up slipping the clutch. It's really hard to judge the point where the clutch can be fully released and to drive smoothly.

Do these symptoms sound like there is an issue with the clutch itself or with the master cylinder? Or could it be possible that a clutch pedal adjustment would help to improve this?

Thanks in advance for any advice.
Sponsored

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 WRX STi, 2018 Sport Touring Hatchback (sold)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I'm not sure on the squeaking. The only time I've heard that is when my feet are wet.

As far as your janky shifts, 1st to 2nd is usually rough and kind of requires riding the clutch a bit. If you're into modding you can look into deleting the clutch delay valve (CDV delete). Might change your shifting experience.

bay_hatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Hatchback Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm not too sure about the squeaking, but have you checked the pedal assembly?

When I first got this car I was driving pretty gingerly and my shifts were generally smooth. As I started to drive harder after the break in period I noticed that shifts from 1 -> 2 were tricky. If I let the clutch out too quickly then the car bogs. When I tuned my car, removing rev hang helped me shift better, but the pedal throttling made the car too harsh to drive with rev hang disabled so i turned it back on.

I realized a good shifting point from first to second is at about 12mph, and you kinda have to keep the clutch in a little longer until the revs drop.
Sponsored