OP
OP

soke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5 Hatchback Sport Plus
Country flag
I've found a guy that had the same problem and it was fixed just changing the clutch for a brand new. So I'm going to do that, as the hydraulic mechanism seems to be OK, the only problem is the clutch itself.

So, I'm going to order a brand new FX400 instead of the FX350 and see if it fixes the problem or not ;)
Sponsored

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
I'd see if clutchmasters will replace it. It's there defective product

OP
OP

soke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I'd see if clutchmasters will replace it. It's there defective product
It’s difficult to do that as I’m from Spain and it was bought on the US
But I need the fastest solution as I need the car

Anger

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK7,RW2,RD1,RD5,RE5,RU1,FK1,FN2,EP3
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So what happened finally? Did you sort it our with the FX400?

kytos

First Name
Marcos
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
CIVIC SPORT 1.5t 2017 EUDM
Country flag
So what happened finally? Did you sort it our with the FX400?
The FX400 was installed yesterday, seems to work well for now. I've seen the FX350 out and it was in bad condition. Let's wait for @soke to reply.

David228cx

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Red Honda Civic Sport (EU)
Country flag
The FX400 was installed yesterday, seems to work well for now. I've seen the FX350 out and it was in bad condition. Let's wait for @soke to reply.
Yeah. It seems to be in very bad shape. Some pictures are needed here, @soke
Did anyone else encounter more problems with these clutches?

BR

OP
OP

soke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Hi there.
Yeah, FX400 have been installed and now I'm with the break in period (500miles ~800Km).

The FX350 had a spring broken which caused the core to have some kind of loseness, causing the clutch disk to overheat and wear only the outside of the pucks.
The pressure plate seem to be overheated too, caused for the constant friction of the disk with it.

But the Single Mass Flywheel seems to be OK.

New clutch works fine at the moment, lets wait some thousands of miles/km to see if it works or not.

The FX350 duration was 15000km only (9300miles).

And there are some pictures of the clutch.

Honda Civic 10th gen Clutch problems FX350 + PRL Turbo Kit + Street DP 0ec0b43e9b7f08050c79e36ef830b24a8371916f_2_666x500

Honda Civic 10th gen Clutch problems FX350 + PRL Turbo Kit + Street DP e62ffa78a7f157bb008e5cfa66a4fc5408cc55fa_2_666x500

Honda Civic 10th gen Clutch problems FX350 + PRL Turbo Kit + Street DP a705878c02deed818a0b9d0ae5b50e0a327d7ebf_2_666x500

Anger

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Having a spring break after 15000km means bad quality and/or bad design. Definitely not a reliable solution then. At least you didnt need to get a new SMF. Hope your new clutch lasts longer

Hondanickx

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 civic hatch , 2018 civic sedan 1.5T
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It's only a matter of time when they start doing the Type R retrofit clutches in europe .Too bad clutch masters is this bad nowadays .I've used them in the past on my 6th gen civic and never had any problems.

OP
OP

soke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Totally agree. Clutchmasters did very good clutch kits on the past civic generations. I think is something related with this generation only

Anger

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It's only a matter of time when they start doing the Type R retrofit clutches in europe .Too bad clutch masters is this bad nowadays .I've used them in the past on my 6th gen civic and never had any problems.
Given its been 2 years already the FK8 is out and 3 for the civic, I dont think anyone in Europe will look into sorting out the retrofit. They would have done it by now. Besides, there are not as many civics in Europe as in the States. It would make more sense if a clutch manufacturer like CM or ACT or Exedy looked into it. I guess they dont, because then civic X owners would only buy the SMF and not a clutch from them. Then again they could sell it for more than a SMF and clutch kit combined and they would still make money. Also, the retrofit may not be as easy as to build as people think, or the process cannot be easily replicated to build big batches. Its Emman monopoly and maybe for good reason. Still, given that I m one of those who look to buy one, its kind of frustrating to want to spend money and not being able to...!

display99x

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si, 2010 GenCoupe Track
Country flag
Since it has been a while, how do you like the FX400 as a daily driver? Did you install 8 puck (full face) or the 6 puck?

dark_knight097

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
Since it has been a while, how do you like the FX400 as a daily driver? Did you install 8 puck (full face) or the 6 puck?
I'm not the OP but I can chime in. I have the FX400 sprung 6 puck with their SMF. I babied it for the break in period. Afterwards. I have done multiple pulls, I've driven it In rush hour traffic, and also a 8 hour drive from Georgia to Maryland and then back again.

The first 500 miles, the pedal is really stiff, a good magnitude over stock. It also grabbed really hard. Like chirping the wheels each time I put it in gear to drive.

After that tho, it has been really nice to drive. I have no problem driving it every day. The pedal feel has softened up since then but is still stiffer than stock. But it's not unbearable for a daily. I wouldnt recommend it for constant stop and go everyday though. But a nice drive through the city with moderate traffic is not bad. I have no chatter issues in first or reverse either. Still grabs pretty strong but isnt chirping the wheels if you ease the clutch in.

I'm honestly pretty happy with it. I have about 3000 miles with it and no issues so far.

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
98 Civic EX with SI Conversion-Sold, 2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm not the OP but I can chime in. I have the FX400 sprung 6 puck with their SMF. I babied it for the break in period. Afterwards. I have done multiple pulls, I've driven it In rush hour traffic, and also a 8 hour drive from Georgia to Maryland and then back again.

The first 500 miles, the pedal is really stiff, a good magnitude over stock. It also grabbed really hard. Like chirping the wheels each time I put it in gear to drive.

After that tho, it has been really nice to drive. I have no problem driving it every day. The pedal feel has softened up since then but is still stiffer than stock. But it's not unbearable for a daily. I wouldnt recommend it for constant stop and go everyday though. But a nice drive through the city with moderate traffic is not bad. I have no chatter issues in first or reverse either. Still grabs pretty strong but isnt chirping the wheels if you ease the clutch in.

I'm honestly pretty happy with it. I have about 3000 miles with it and no issues so far.
3000 miles ain’t nothing lol.

dark_knight097

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
3000 miles ain’t nothing lol.
Well I was responding to display99x asking how it is driving with it as a daily and which option I went with. Not if there were issues with it over time.
Sponsored