@thatblu_si

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Aegean Blue 2019 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Hey guys, so something very strange happened to me yesterday, i was leaving work super casual driving and i heard a ping when i pressed the clutch pedal and something hit my left foot. Well i pulled over and found the clutch pedal return spring had broken in half and shot out. Has anybody ever had this happen to them or is this a rare incident of a faulty spring? Also if anybody knows the part number please drop it below as hondapartsnow.com only sells the clutch pedal assembly for like $190. Thanks in advance
Sponsored

Sport-injected

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si, 2006 Saab 9-3 Aero
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Hey guys, so something very strange happened to me yesterday, i was leaving work super casual driving and i heard a ping when i pressed the clutch pedal and something hit my left foot. Well i pulled over and found the clutch pedal return spring had broken in half and shot out. Has anybody ever had this happen to them or is this a rare incident of a faulty spring? Also if anybody knows the part number please drop it below as hondapartsnow.com only sells the clutch pedal assembly for like $190. Thanks in advance
Should be fixed under warranty

SDAlexander8

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17’ Si FC3, 17’ Accord 2dr V6 6MT, 22’ RL RTL-E
Country flag
Well that’s terrifying. Is it even drivable when that happens?

OP
OP
@thatblu_si

@thatblu_si

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Should be fixed under warranty

Thing is its a lease and im way over miles and heavily modified. I plan on keeping the car but i wana keep the return option available just incase something happens. I dont want a dealer taking note of the mods and miles and rejecting me in the future for a more serious warranty claim. Its just a spring, i can do it myself lol

OP
OP
@thatblu_si

@thatblu_si

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Well that’s terrifying. Is it even drivable when that happens?

Yes its still drivable lol so when i looked under the dash it actually has 2 springs on the pedal, one of them broke in half but the other still pushes the pedal out, there is only minor play at the beginning of the pedal throw now

Sport-injected

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si, 2006 Saab 9-3 Aero
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Thing is its a lease and im way over miles and heavily modified. I plan on keeping the car but i wana keep the return option available just incase something happens. I dont want a dealer taking note of the mods and miles and rejecting me in the future for a more serious warranty claim. Its just a spring, i can do it myself lol
Gotcha

arronj4k

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 FC1 White
Country flag
I know it’s been years but have you or anyone else had troubles with the return spring? If so how difficult was the DIY if you went that route?

OP
OP
@thatblu_si

@thatblu_si

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I know it’s been years but have you or anyone else had troubles with the return spring? If so how difficult was the DIY if you went that route?
whats up man! Im honestly not sure how it would go as a diy, I worked at a Honda dealer back then so I had a master tech replace it under warranty. I'm pretty sure the full assembly has to be replaced tho
Sponsored