First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Type R GT 2019
Country flag
Hello all,

Was just wondering what sort of sounds it is normal for the clutch pedal to make while it goes from released to depressed and then back up again. Around half way from released to depressed it sounds like there is a knocking sound of sorts. There is also several clicks on the way up and my local dealership have replaced the clutch pedal assembly thinking that was the problem however that didn't fix it so they are soon going to be replacing the clutch master cylinder as well.

If this knocking sound isn't normal, do you know if replacing the CMC would fix it? I'm pretty sure the knocking sound hasn't been there very long however I may have just been so focused on the annoyance of the clicking that I didn't notice it before.

I've attached a video for reference of both the clicking and the knocking sound.

Many thanks

Last edited:

DeVo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R #21399
Country flag
Just need to grease the spring. Mine did this for awhile. It was frustrating because you could feel it sticking and clicking. Some grease and a couple weeks of use and it's gone

OP
OP
UniiqueTwiisT

UniiqueTwiisT

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Type R GT 2019
Country flag
What s
Just need to grease the spring. Mine did this for awhile. It was frustrating because you could feel it sticking and clicking. Some grease and a couple weeks of use and it's gone
What spring are you referring to?
Sponsored