Clutch pedal clicking?

Marc_Seegs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type-R #12951
Country flag
Clutch has been perrfectly fine up until recently I did some “hard driving”.. now the clutch has developed a very faint click that comes and goes when engaging around the mid way point.

I have experienced this in my 98 dc2R in the past as well and applied lithium grease to fix the issue.. thinking I may attempt the same in the CTR.

Any one else experience this in the CTR? It’s quite annoying.

Thanks.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Fish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 CW
I experienced this in my old FN2R. was a clutch master cylinder issue. Replaced under warranty.
Have yet to experience this in the FK8

Acurately

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3G Acura TL, 1G Acura MDX
Country flag
When doing the CDV and bleeding my clutch I noticed same thing, a faint click somewhere midway pedal travel, only when letting out the clutch pedal, I've checked everything and it was clutch sensor that prevents your from starting the car without clutch being depressed.
The clutch pedal has a rubber/plastic stop and as you let out the clutch it touches the sensor pin and clicks, I don't know why I didn't notice it before but for me it was definitely it.
You can just put a piece of tape over the senor and push that pin inside so it doesn't move, and check your clutch pedal for noise.

If it's not that, than you can try spraying some white lithium grease into master cylinder or adding some high temp urea grease to where clutch slave cylinder meets the fork.
Sponsored