First Name
Casey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Hello all.

Just had a new stage 2 competition clutch with lightweight flywheel installed. I think the engagement point feels like its moving towards the top of the stroke of the pedal. I would like to add some more ”free play” to the stoke before the clutch starts engaging.

I guess I just want to be sure the clutch is being fully disengaged. Theres currently about 1” of travel left before full engagement.

or maybe I’m just over thinking it because I’m nervous about breaking in the clutch correctly.

I’ve got about 150 miles on it of city driving so far.
Sponsored

Jes_si562

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si. 1990 Honda civic w d16z6 swap (sold) 2019 Honda Civic Hatchback sport(wifes)
Country flag
If everything is working correctly just leave it alone just dont launch youll be fine or downshift

OP
OP

kcvpr

First Name
Casey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
If everything is working correctly just leave it alone just dont launch youll be fine or downshift
Well the clutch started acting more and more weird. So I watched a couple YouTube videos on adjusting the clutch pedal.

It look like the shop that installed it adjusted the master cylinder clevis a turn or two too tight. Which was blocking off a bypass port in master cylinder which allows the slave cylinder piston to self adjust when the clutch pedal is at rest.

Now that I have that fixed the clutch feels completely different in a good way. I’m just worried about the master cylinder and clutch now. I guess we’ll just have to see what the shop says Monday.
Sponsored