Clutch Options

WingKing76

Embrace the Grind, Because the Grind is Real!!!
First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
They'll be on the shelf next week! Right now we started with a twin disc option that is still extremely streetable yet can hold 600hp+. We haven't had the chance to fully test the power limitations yet. Need a car if you guys know of one. ;)
I may know of one in GA lol.
Sponsored

WingKing76

Embrace the Grind, Because the Grind is Real!!!
First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
They'll be on the shelf next week! Right now we started with a twin disc option that is still extremely streetable yet can hold 600hp+. We haven't had the chance to fully test the power limitations yet. Need a car if you guys know of one. ;)
I may know of one in GA lol.

Dan-O

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
I have an Act clutch I've been using for about 1500 miles and I have zero complaints about the clutch itself. Works great, slips when I need it to, no chatter, holds my TSP stage 1 with no problem.

My issues with the master cylinder are hard to overlook, and I haven't sorted that yet. Waiting for Sirimoto to finish redesigning the N1. If that doesn't work out, it's kzCMC for me.
Damn you still waiting on that? did they give you a timeline?

OP
OP
luispe7

luispe7

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
either or is good
but why are so many people waiting for ACT to come back with their kits? i think they've gotten a good reputation in a short period of time

eee.ccc

First Name
Vale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 DC5, 2019 Si Sedan
Country flag
I'm seeing some videos pop up with the sirimoto CMC upgrade.
does anyone have experience with this ?

Jessedrice

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI
Country flag
I have an si in PA you can use

consensual_induction

First Name
Turbo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sti, 2019 Si, Fr-S, 350z, Evo X
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
strongly recommend either ACT or if you can afford it, a used 2008 mitsubishi eclipse factory clutch and full conversion.

ACT is great

CanadiaegeanBlue

First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Sedan - Aegean Blue Metallic
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Shared in another clutch thread, but I have a CTR retrofit sitting on the bench, and currently awaiting the ACT Street Sprung HC10-HDSS Kit arriving later this month. Will compare the two; ACT gets installed on my Si, @Thusee will take the retrofit, and then we'll drive each other's cars for comparison. Both will have Eman's CMC, PRL SS Clutch line, and Amsoil MTF.

Going into it, it's not for the purpose of saying which option you should rather buy. The retrofit is proven, it's long-lasting, has higher torque capacity, and will be easier to service down the road as you can pick up a clutch disc and pressure plate from your local dealer. However, cost and readily available is what weighs on people's decisions.

ACT Street Kit is rated for 100ftlbs less tq capacity, may not be as long lasting, will require ACT parts to service, and no one has racked up crazy miles on one yet to make it clear that it's a winner as well. However, the brand has done good for other platforms and so far the only other option that's seemed to have nearly all positive first impressions, and 5-10k miles of feedback from individual being happy with their purchase at about 2/3 or 3/4 the cost of the retrofit, depending on how you configure it.

You guys know I keep it clear, concise, and objective so look forward to the comparison :)

Last edited:

alxgravel

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic si 2017
Country flag
Shared in another clutch thread, but I have a CTR retrofit sitting on the bench, and currently awaiting the ACT Street Sprung HC10-HDSS Kit arriving later this month. Will compare the two; ACT gets installed on my Si, @Thusee will take the retrofit, and then we'll drive each other's cars for comparison. Both will have Eman's CMC , PRL SS Clutch line, and Amsoil MTF.

Going into it, it's not for the purpose of saying which option you should rather buy. The retrofit is proven, it's long-lasting, has higher torque capacity, and will be easier to service down the road as you can pick up a clutch disc and pressure plate from your local dealer. However, cost and readily available is what weighs on people's decisions.

ACT Street Kit is rated for 100ftlbs less tq capacity, may not be as long lasting, will require ACT parts to service, and no one has racked up crazy miles on one yet to make it clear that it's a winner as well. However, the brand has done good for other platforms and so far the only other option that's seemed to have nearly all positive first impressions, and 5-10k miles of feedback from individual being happy with their purchase at about 2/3 or 3/4 the cost of the retrofit, depending on how you configure it.

You guys know I keep it clear, concise, and objective so look forward to the comparison :)
How did u get ur Eman's CMC..trying to get 2 of those for the past month ... Still back order so sad... ??

CanadiaegeanBlue

First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Sedan - Aegean Blue Metallic
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
How did u get ur Eman's CMC..trying to get 2 of those for the past month ... Still back order so sad... ??
I've had it since November lol. Been busy hoarding parts over the winter because I wanted to do everything all at once, yet come install time in March Covid hit so more delays, and got really busy with work etc. more parts hoarding again...one of the parts ended up being the ACT clutch kit

alxgravel

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic si 2017
Country flag
I've had it since November lol. Been busy hoarding parts over the winter because I wanted to do everything all at once, yet come install time in March Covid hit so more delays, and got really busy with work etc. more parts hoarding again...one of the parts ended up being the ACT clutch kit
Good to know me and my friend will try the act 6 puck disk with Eman's CMC ... do you think we should change the clutch line.... but for now we can't have both for now -_-'

Next week installing 27won intake and mount with new firehawk indy 500 245/35/18
We are trying to get those clutch change before slip with the oem with TSP stage 1 Map 3 ( all time ) well we want to see the full potential with the new clutch because with this tune I never pulled before 4k rpm and for now 0 sliping with oem clutch still olding but my friend his hatch sport splipping since days 1 under 4,5k rpm ( 4th gear )

Eleon

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
I just got my ACT Street kit yesterday. Im just waiting for the Sirimoto CMC redesign so I can get it installed along with the clutch. Most likely i'll get it installed late this month

alxgravel

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic si 2017
Country flag
I just got my ACT Street kit yesterday. Im just waiting for the Sirimoto CMC redesign so I can get it installed along with the clutch. Most likely i'll get it installed late this month
If eman don't produce his CMC will go for the new version of sirimoto to.
Sponsored