Like a wis man once said, I want to go fast
First Name
Papi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI
Country flag
Was able to see inside a bit and feel like the spring is too wore out at this point, just going to have to order new one with a new arm slap them in. Want to set time aside this weekend just to update my profile a bit and interact with everyone here more. Wonder if anyone has done a ‘this is what you shouldn’t do to your car” post after being modded a few years, cause that’s what Ima do. I truly appreciate the responses without the judgement or smart answers, I know I’m not the best at taking care of my vehicle and I do get a bit self conscious, I just want my baby back on the road.
Sponsored

Chris_19Si

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
We all learn things on this forum. You just contributed a lesson, whether you intended to or not, so thanks. Oh, the levers are expensive. Not sure about the spring. Might get away with just replacing the spring??

OP
OP
slanted_faces

slanted_faces

First Name
Papi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI
Country flag
We all learn things on this forum. You just contributed a lesson, whether you intended to or not, so thanks. Oh, the levers are expensive. Not sure about the spring. Might get away with just replacing the spring??
You’re right, if anyone takes anything from this it should be replace the spring if you’re not constantly dropping the transmission. It was in for a good 6 years, 4 years of abuse and at least one of those years it really got beat to shit. Just saw the arms costing over $100 idk why I thought I had seen the arm and spring for around $70 or $80 something like that so I might only order the spring, did want to mention the arm DOES have slight indentions where the slave presses against it and same on that ball it’s supposed to be locked on to with the spring we’re talking about, that spot on the arm Is also dented in.. not crazy or deformed but definitely noticeable when it’s off.. what would you say about replacing the arm?

Chris_19Si

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
Yes to replacing the arm. The pivot points on the arm should be smooth and not dented or tarnished. Polished metal is what I always see. I typically use a thin film of high temp grease when reinstalling.

OP
OP
slanted_faces

slanted_faces

First Name
Papi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI
Country flag
Yes to replacing the arm. The pivot points on the arm should be smooth and not dented or tarnished. Polished metal is what I always see. I typically use a thin film of high temp grease when reinstalling.
I hear ya, ordering arm and spring tonight, also looking at some braces since.. you know… I’m already taking all that other shit off.. might as well

OP
OP
slanted_faces

slanted_faces

First Name
Papi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI
Country flag
For the ones that are curious, this is how I saw inside

cryptolime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Si
Country flag
i remember doing the clutch on a 2006 corolla in my garage over 2 days after the mobile mechanic bailed after removing the gearbox. what a nightmare that was. i think he took half the money and went to buy dope...probably the reason he wasn't working at the dealership anymore.

at least he left all his tools and jackstands.

Chris_19Si

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
For the ones that are curious, this is how I saw inside
From that new video, it looks like the spring is under the ball, where it should be. From the first video, it seemed like it had a lot of play and sounded like it too. I'm not certain this is your problem given the new video. Any other opinions?? Great shot though, and you can see that you have some room in there to fiddle with it if you had to.

OP
OP
slanted_faces

slanted_faces

First Name
Papi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI
Country flag
i remember doing the clutch on a 2006 corolla in my garage over 2 days after the mobile mechanic bailed after removing the gearbox. what a nightmare that was. i think he took half the money and went to buy dope...probably the reason he wasn't working at the dealership anymore.

at least he left all his tools and jackstands.
Sounds like a come up to me. I went and bought a couple jack stands and a transmission jack for this job.

OP
OP
slanted_faces

slanted_faces

First Name
Papi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI
Country flag
From that new video, it looks like the spring is under the ball, where it should be. From the first video, it seemed like it had a lot of play and sounded like it too. I'm not certain this is your problem given the new video. Any other opinions?? Great shot though, and you can see that you have some room in there to fiddle with it if you had to.
fffffffffffffffUC bro. Im not all too sure how this works so bare with me, is it possible it came off the throw out bearing🤷‍♂️ I remember seeing it cause we greased it but I didn’t see real good how it went back on, just remember hearing it latch or click on.

Old F@rt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si Coupe, 2016 Z51 Stingray, 2006 Tundra
Country flag
fffffffffffffffUC bro. Im not all too sure how this works so bare with me, is it possible it came off the throw out bearing🤷‍♂️ I remember seeing it cause we greased it but I didn’t see real good how it went back on, just remember hearing it latch or click on.
Throw-out bearing looks ok from what I can see ( you can just see the tab of it in video). Is the spring definately under the lip of the pivot pawl- almost looks like 1 arm of spring is alongside the pawl rather than lodged below it. Try reaching in with a pic & pulling arms of spring towards base of pivot pawl- if you feel a click, then it wasn't set properly. Hope this helps

OP
OP
slanted_faces

slanted_faces

First Name
Papi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI
Country flag
Throw-out bearing looks ok from what I can see ( you can just see the tab of it in video). Is the spring definately under the lip of the pivot pawl- almost looks like 1 arm of spring is alongside the pawl rather than lodged below it. Try reaching in with a pic & pulling arms of spring towards base of pivot pawl- if you feel a click, then it wasn't set properly. Hope this helps
I’ll check when I get home!

OP
OP
slanted_faces

slanted_faces

First Name
Papi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI
Country flag
Ordered the fork and spring, will update when I get them in

KTunedtoStock

First Name
Tristan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
"Pop like a guitar string" the only thing that would make this type of frequency, especially during gear change would be the teeth on the pressure plate. This likely means you have an alignment issue, either with the transmission shaft itself or the dowels on the flywheel. Youll have to dissasemble and make sure the pressure plate sits flush with the flywheel and is aligned on the dowel pins. Just did this install and have no issues, didnt need to adjust clutch pedal either. On stock CMC. I have however installed a clutch unsuccesfully before on other cars, and as i said before that is the only thing that would make such a frequency. You also need to make sure the clutch plate is facing the right direction as it only goes one way
Sponsored