First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Pearl Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
What are the advantages to the FX350, seems to be the clutch of choice. Has anyone went with the FX250? Just curious because of drivability. I started with the 21.5psi from Ktuner and the clutch started slipping shortly after. I am currently running the Stage 1 tune from Vit which seems to have a much smoother power curve and may be easier on the clutch but the problem already started.
If it were my car, I would try driving the car a little easier for a tank or two of gas and not go WOT below 4000+, if then. That would allow the clutch to go into break-in mode and maybe wear any slightly glazed portions off. I don't know the odds of that working, but it is what I would try first.
Sponsored

RODSCIVIC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Acura MDX 2016 Focus ST 2018 Si Sedan
Country flag
Exedy/ACT need to hurry up...... I just want a tune, but it seems like the clutch isn't capable of handling it, it's a shame. Maybe it's base case scenario to keep the bank account from going empty..lol

ParkwayDrive13

First Name
Quentin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10th Gen Ralley Red SI
Country flag
What are the advantages to the FX350, seems to be the clutch of choice. Has anyone went with the FX250? Just curious because of drivability. I started with the 21.5psi from Ktuner and the clutch started slipping shortly after. I am currently running the Stage 1 tune from Vit which seems to have a much smoother power curve and may be easier on the clutch but the problem already started.
The FX250-350 all hold the same amount of power. However, it will really boil down to your plans for the car.

-Mostly DD? Weekend warrior once and a blue moon?
-Mostly DD, However, more Track time/Drag strip time? ect.

pmcderm29

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic SI, 2013 Honda CRV AWD
Country flag
The FX250-350 all hold the same amount of power. However, it will really boil down to your plans for the car.

Mostly daily driver and weekend warrior. Do not have plans for much more than a CAI and exhaust (Magnaflow already on it). Got the Ktuner for a little extra bump in power that Honda should have included, haha.

jsanz

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan CBP
Country flag

Have you looked at the specs on these?? They definitely hold different amounts of power. I’ve seen some videos of people with the 350 and they’ve said it is fine for daily. The 400 6 puck is probably the closest thing to a race clutch that there is, however even PRL said with their Si it wasn’t really too bad.

ParkwayDrive13

First Name
Quentin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10th Gen Ralley Red SI
Country flag
Each series listed shows - 110% Increased holding capacity on the clutches fx250-350. I Believe the main differences is how street friendly they are. And how much more of a beating they can handle. That's why, depending on your plans for the vehicle, they offer the FX300-350 as well, that have different materials that can take more of a beating, in comparison to a fx250.

But they hold the same power.

Here's the link:

http://www.clutchmasters.com/clutch-kits/

jsanz

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan CBP
Country flag
Fx350 - “street friendly characteristics”

Just sayin

ParkwayDrive13

First Name
Quentin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10th Gen Ralley Red SI
Country flag
Fx350 - “street friendly characteristics”

Just sayin
When I spoke with clutch masters about ordering my clutch, they recommended me the FX250, for mostly DD, and having fun at the drag strip every so often. Additionally, FX250-350 are all "street Friendly", and can be used to "DD", it just depends on what your intended use is for like I said.

Lastly, if anyone has questions on which option to go for... CM is very helpful in helping choose the right clutch.

jsanz

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan CBP
Country flag
When I spoke with clutch masters about ordering my clutch, they recommended me the FX250, for mostly DD, and having fun at the drag strip every so often. Additionally, FX250-350 are all "street Friendly", and can be used to "DD", it just depends on what your intended use is for like I said.

Lastly, if anyone has questions on which option to go for... CM is very helpful in helping choose the right clutch.
I hear ya. Good to know they are keen on giving that kind of advice. Unfortunately for most who read that info off their site, it’s all pretty generic for those 3 versions.

pmcderm29

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic SI, 2013 Honda CRV AWD
Country flag

I read in another post that they were very helpful. I will contact them or stop by, they are close to my office. Thanks!

methan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si Sedan - MSM
Country flag
Just had the FX350 put in at a shop. All good. Clutch is quite heavy due to increased spring force. I chose FX350 as most others here did it too. Mods are Vit Stage 1, stock clutch slipped immediately onnspoet mode around 4k in gears 4/5/6. Future mods are Cobra CAI, DP/FP, and flex fuel so wanted a solid clutch.

sirob

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 si
Not sure if it has been mentioned in this thread, but there is another thread about removing the clutch delay valve. If you are pushing toward the power limit of your clutch, the delay in clutch engagement that this valve causes will lead to slipping during spirited driving and will result in glazing rather quickly. I've seen it over the years on other models and it might be a good idea to remove it and see where your at. (If you still need to buy time til you replace the clutch anyway)
Sponsored