Mutt785

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
Good morning. New to the site and to civic ownership. I have 2018 si I bought on repo. It’s been lowered, MAP cold air, thermal cat delete exhaust, and I’m assuming Hondata tuning. My clutch is starting to slip between 3500-4000rpms. Car has 75,000 miles on it and is my daily driver (100+ miles/day). What would be the best clutch kit to go with? I’m leaning toward the ACT kit with solid disc from MA Performance. I do not know enough about these cars to make an informed decision any help would be appreciated.
Sponsored

Chris_19Si

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
I'd say finding a clutch will be the first trick. ACT with organic disc is the way to keep more stock engagement, but I thought they had long wait times. There are combinations people discuss on this forum based on cost, feel, availability, performance. These are things to consider. You should find out what tune is on the ECU to match the clutch better. You may not need anything aggressive if you are on a stage 1 tune. Also consider the flywheel while you have the tranny out. There are options there and tuning options to go with a lightened flywheel. Do a little research on this forum, as this subject has been well discussed, then make sure parts are in stock for what you want. Availability may force you into a kit that's different than what you started out wanting. I ended up with a Clutch Masters FX350 with aluminum flywheel because the ACT kit was on backorder. I love my clutch now, but it took a bit to learn to be smooth with it. I also race my car, so dealing with an aggressive engagement on the street is ok with me. Not fun in stop and go traffic.

Again, take a look at past threads in the forum for various opinions.

OP
OP
Mutt785

Mutt785

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
I'd say finding a clutch will be the first trick. ACT with organic disc is the way to keep more stock engagement, but I thought they had long wait times. There are combinations people discuss on this forum based on cost, feel, availability, performance. These are things to consider. You should find out what tune is on the ECU to match the clutch better. You may not need anything aggressive if you are on a stage 1 tune. Also consider the flywheel while you have the tranny out. There are options there and tuning options to go with a lightened flywheel. Do a little research on this forum, as this subject has been well discussed, then make sure parts are in stock for what you want. Availability may force you into a kit that's different than what you started out wanting. I ended up with a Clutch Masters FX350 with aluminum flywheel because the ACT kit was on backorder. I love my clutch now, but it took a bit to learn to be smooth with it. I also race my car, so dealing with an aggressive engagement on the street is ok with me. Not fun in stop and go traffic.

Again, take a look at past threads in the forum for various opinions.
Thank you. I bought the car tuned and I can’t find the original owner to see what he actually put in it. I’m thinking Hondata because boost goes to 23 in sport mode. Hondata wasn’t helpful when I asked them about it. They said just buy their package and start over. I don’t race this car, it’s my back and forth to work car. It’s a fun little go cart with doors that gets good mpg’s.
I was already planning on replacing the flywheel while it’s apart. Be foolish not to I’d think. I do a lot of stop and go in traffic on the way home so a race type setup isn’t feasible for me. I’ll do some more reading on here. I appreciate your time and input.

tacocat

First Name
matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si coupe
Country flag
If it's just a work car and you're not going past basic bolt on's just throw a Exedy clutch kit in it. They are I believe 35% over stock so will not slip and will drive like stock. MAP has them in stock.
Sponsored