Clutch issues

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX, 2009 CRV EX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Who installed your clutch and how long did it take?
I had E-Man from Venture install my clutch. He's very well known for his 340 whp 2008 N/A Civic Si. Check out my install video. His info is on there if you want to contact him. It took him approximately 6-7 hours. Completed on the same day.
Sponsored

AsianGuy98

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
I had E-Man from Venture install my clutch. He's very well known for his 340 whp 2008 N/A Civic Si. Check out my install video. His info is on there if you want to contact him. It took him approximately 6-7 hours. Completed on the same day.
I watched your video. Didn't know it was you. Lol

JayCuz85

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic SI
Hi guys how's it going. So the reason I'm starting this thread is that i would just like to get some opinions on your clutch in your brand new SI. Wondering if anyone else is having problems like I am with mid range slippage and over all clutch feel my clutch sometimes feels fairly light.Then other times all the sudden starts feeling rock hard does not matter how it is driven or if the car has been warmed up or whatever it just does it when it wants too. And just as an added note I did not give the car much throttle and until at least 1200 miles. Thanks guys
I'm wondering if this is the issue that I'm having. I'm not familiar with what "clutch slippage" feels like, but when going from 1st to 2nd and usually third, it kinda feels like a popping sensation if I'm shifting below 4k RPM and especially if I don't give it a lot of gas (if that makes sense) while letting off the clutch.

tehSteve

GrayBeard McGootch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Si
Country flag
I'm wondering if this is the issue that I'm having. I'm not familiar with what "clutch slippage" feels like, but when going from 1st to 2nd and usually third, it kinda feels like a popping sensation if I'm shifting below 4k RPM and especially if I don't give it a lot of gas (if that makes sense) while letting off the clutch.
@JayCuz85 , first to second is the trickiest even for the most experienced drivers. I find myself shifting a little slower 1-2 than most other gears. Mess it up and you feel a nice little jolt.

The popping sensation you are experiencing in other gears. You clutch in to shift and then clutch out. When you clutch out, you can rather quickly raise the clutch a few inches, pause at a certain point for a split second. Then continue raising the clutch up. The positioning of this pause is what I think is messing you up. Usually you want to do that pause at the biting point. It sound to me that you are pausing before the biting point and as you lift, you are essentially "popping" right through the entire point resulting in that jolt you are feeling.

Or you are just completely releasing your clutch out too quick. 4-5-6 don't seem to mind the clutch being released to quick. 1-2-3 will also cause the popping sensation.

What is clutch slippage feel like in a manual car?
Pretend you are in an automatic car and it is set to Drive. You apply gas, but the car isn't moving anywhere.
No movement when applying gas (as long as you are not in neutral lol) is what clutch slippage is. The RPMS go up, but the car doesn't respond.

My suggestion? When I first got the car and was "bucking" between gear shifts, I moved the seat back 1-2 clicks and that helped me find my sweet spot

ParkwayDrive13

First Name
Quentin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10th Gen Ralley Red SI
Country flag
you will soon watch
Been on Vit's Stage 1 19/25 tune since approximately 1,100 miles. Currently at 5k miles. No issues. I've also done some 1/4 miles, no issues.

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
98 Civic EX with SI Conversion-Sold, 2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Been on Vit's Stage 1 19/25 tune since approximately 1,100 miles. Currently at 5k miles. No issues. I've also done some 1/4 miles, no issues.
Well aren't you lucky lol but it will happen sooner or later

ParkwayDrive13

First Name
Quentin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10th Gen Ralley Red SI
Country flag
Hopefully I keep this luck for a long time. Lol. Probably won't

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
to though who's clutches have started to slip. did if make any sounds? i have a rattling like sound when i slightly accelerate, knock counts were registered and knock control went to .67. this was all after doing a 3rd gear pull onto the highway. after some diving the sound that i was getting, just costing or louder with small acceleration, went away.

y2kprofesor

First Name
marius
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 honda civic si
Country flag
to though who's clutches have started to slip. did if make any sounds? i have a rattling like sound when i slightly accelerate, knock counts were registered and knock control went to .67. this was all after doing a 3rd gear pull onto the highway. after some diving the sound that i was getting, just costing or louder with small acceleration, went away.
No sound juat rps going up but the speed would remain the same

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag

kshawn