Clutch issues need help!

northwestghosts_cc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-T
Country flag
Hey guys, might be a little long here but I'm stuck and need some thoughts, so bear with me.

Vehicle is a 2017 civic ex-t, currently have the clutchmasters fx400 with their lightweight flywheel.

At 9000 miles, oem clutch started slipping while tuning, so I installed the clutchmasters fx350 and kept the oem flywheel. 20,000 miles later, the throwout bearing went out and ended up bending the fingers on the pressure plate. Replaced that with the fx400 and flywheel that i have now.

And this is where i get to the issue at hand. I cant get into any gear with the car running. BUT, if i start it in first, the car will move forward like the clutch isnt disengaging all the way, normal right? I can double clutch upshift/slow shift/whatever for about 10 minutes, then the car will shift fine and everything is back to normal. It seems crazy to me, but i felt like the car would only shift when it got warmed up, or if the brake fluid warms up or whatever it may be. Started looking into the hydraulic system, thinking there might be moisture somewhere. Bled multiple times, nothing. Finally pulled the battery and battery box today to look at the master cylinder, to find that it was leaking eeeevvveeerrr so slightly from the adapter that connects the line from the slave to the master. Replaced that whole Assembly, bled the system , pedal has 100% pressure, but still wont go into gear. No throw out bearing noise, no leaks, but no gears. Anybody have any thoughts on this? Thanks in advance.

Honda Civic 10th gen Clutch issues need help! 20190115_142332_HDR
Sponsored

shadow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 STI, 15 CRV, 16 Civic RS Turbo, 18 Civic Type R
Country flag
During the times you can't get it into any gear, ask someone to look as the clutch fork at the slave cylinder. Does it move when you step on the clutch? How much does it move vs when everything is warm and shifting properly?

I will also ask the obvious. Was the clutch line properly bled?

OP
OP
northwestghosts_cc

northwestghosts_cc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-T
Country flag
During the times you can't get it into any gear, ask someone to look as the clutch fork at the slave cylinder. Does it move when you step on the clutch? How much does it move vs when everything is warm and shifting properly?

I will also ask the obvious. Was the clutch line properly bled?
Ive watched it and it moves fully, even when cold, but hard to tell when I cant see the range of motion side by side when it works or doesn't. And yes, the clutch was properly bled.

OP
OP
northwestghosts_cc

northwestghosts_cc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-T
Country flag
Did you ever resolve this
Yes, it actually ended up being a faulty pressure plate out of all things. I’ve had a bad run with clutchmasters, will do the type r retro once I have the money and time to do so.

trapbryan

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic SI Coupe
Country flag
Yes, it actually ended up being a faulty pressure plate out of all things. I’ve had a bad run with clutchmasters, will do the type r retro once I have the money and time to do so.
Yeah im currently running an fx350 with the smf and have had tons of problems. Had to replace the cmc because it didn't want to go into gear, everything worked for about a month and now it won't go into gear again. And ontop of that I can hear my throwout bearing is failing.

I am currently waiting on a retrofit type r clutch and I am definitely staying away from clutchmasters.

OP
OP
northwestghosts_cc

northwestghosts_cc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-T
Country flag
Yeah im currently running an fx350 with the smf and have had tons of problems. Had to replace the cmc because it didn't want to go into gear, everything worked for about a month and now it won't go into gear again. And ontop of that I can hear my throwout bearing is failing.

I am currently waiting on a retrofit type r clutch and I am definitely staying away from clutchmasters.
Their throw out bearing is what caused all the problems for me, the ears kept breaking off which would let it bend the pressure plate fingers. Finally put a new pressure plate in and used an oem Honda bearing and have been fine since. But type r next for sure

trapbryan

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic SI Coupe
Country flag
Their throw out bearing is what caused all the problems for me, the ears kept breaking off which would let it bend the pressure plate fingers. Finally put a new pressure plate in and used an oem Honda bearing and have been fine since. But type r next for sure
Did clutch masters send a new pressure plate for free ?