Donk232

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 civic si-sold, 1999 crv-sold, 2014 crv, 2017 civic si
Country flag
I want to order a lightweight flywheel and clutch from clutchmasters, but I'm not sure which clutch is right for me. 10th gen SI I daily drive it and do not track it so I'm looking for something that isn't to aggressive but strong enough to hold up to bolt ons, and e30 tune in the future. thinking about the fx250? but I have no clue what the differences are tbh.

Thanks
Sponsored

2tone

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic si. 2006 bmw 325i
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I want to order a lightweight flywheel and clutch from clutchmasters, but I'm not sure which clutch is right for me. 10th gen SI I daily drive it and do not track it so I'm looking for something that isn't to aggressive but strong enough to hold up to bolt ons, and e30 tune in the future. thinking about the fx250? but I have no clue what the differences are tbh.

Thanks
Don’t do it! Buy this instead

https://www.naperformanceftw.com/ctr-clutch-retro

OP
OP
Donk232

Donk232

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
also see ACT has similar priced clutch/flywheel combo. what is that? type r fit to the si?

OP
OP
Donk232

Donk232

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
That looks like a little more then I was wanting to spend tbh. I get the reasoning for the additional cost it's custom.
I see exedy has stage 1 and 2 kits available. But 255tq for stage 2??? Does anyone have expirence with these? Does it hold more?

Last edited:

2tone

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic si. 2006 bmw 325i
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
That looks like a little more then I was wanting to spend tbh. I get the reasoning for the additional cost it's custom.
I see exedy has stage 1 and 2 kits available. But 255tq for stage 2??? Does anyone have expirence with these? Does it hold more?
Trust me I understand it’s a bit expensive but it’s the only thing proven to hold high torque and not go bad after like 30k miles. I had a cm fx350 and it started slipping after about 35k. The type r retro should last over 100k EASILY considering its an OEM clutch. Look at edge auto sports recent YouTube videos on clutches, they’ve been through like 3 options trying to find a good option. They want to find an option that they sell on their site rather than emans custom one but it’s not going well. Exedy is a new option so not a lot of reviews or long term tests, but you probably need a stage 3 minimum if you’re going bolt ons and ethanol our cars make crazy high torque. Search some other clutch threads I haven’t seen anybody perfectly happy with their clutch except for emans and maybe one person with an action clutch stage 3 I think. Good luck with the build!!

Benster

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic HB Sport 6MT
Country flag
I'm looking at the ACT clutch kit, it's fairly new and not a lot of people have tired it but from what i read there are no gear lockout issues and the street version is good for 360lbs at the crank, which is somewhere around 300wh-tq. I'm in the same boat as you with emans being too expensive for my budget, I see why but it's just too much for me right now. Don'"t even bother with exedy, not good enough and the kit that can handle it is their track clutch that's really not streetable. Another one is CM's twin plate clutch but it's almost as much as emans, although it's most likely way lighter and can handle anything you'll throw at it. The clutch itself is super small so rotational mass is more centered to the shaft and it'll most likely be even more rev happy than any other kit on the market right now.

Some more choices, hopefully I didn't make it harder for you to choose.
Sponsored