fk8alex

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
I’m not sure if anyone else is having this issue but I thought I’d make a post to see if anyone else has any fixes or if anyone else has the issue. My 2018 Type R only has 20k miles on it and I don’t beat on the car I rarely get on it and I know how to drive a manual car, I’ve been driving them for some time now. My problem is the engagement starting in 1st the clutch is catching really high up as if the clutch was worn out. It definitely doesn’t feel like when it was new or 6 months in. Just curious if anyone else is having this high catching point issue
Sponsored

Arcam

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CTR
Country flag
I’m not sure if anyone else is having this issue but I thought I’d make a post to see if anyone else has any fixes or if anyone else has the issue. My 2018 Type R only has 20k miles on it and I don’t beat on the car I rarely get on it and I know how to drive a manual car, I’ve been driving them for some time now. My problem is the engagement starting in 1st the clutch is catching really high up as if the clutch was worn out. It definitely doesn’t feel like when it was new or 6 months in. Just curious if anyone else is having this high catching point issue
If the bite point is high that would indicate a worn clutch for sure. Have you made any adjustments to the pedal height or piston rod lenght?

Bodhizefa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CW CTR and CBP CR-V
Country flag
I had this happen on my '97 Civic, and it turned out that my floor mat had gotten "unlocked" and had moved enough to catch and rub the clutch at a certain level. Because I thought it was my clutch (and because I knew everything), I never bothered to look at the floor mat for an entire week! Imagine my surprise when I found the loose mat as the culprit.

All of this to say... have you checked the floor mat?

OP
OP
fk8alex

fk8alex

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
I appreciate the help I just went ahead and purchased a clutchmasters FX250 and had it installed so hopefully when I get it back it’ll drive better !

Zeffy94

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda3 GT Hatch 6AT, 2018 Honda Civic Type R (traded in)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have the OEM all weather mats and sometimes I feel like my foot doesn’t disengage the clutch fully because of them. I drag my foot on the mat instead of letting my leg float. My bite point is about anywhere from 35%-50% up from the floor, which is kind of annoying because it seemingly changes up and down at will.
Sponsored