Benster

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic HB Sport 6MT
Country flag
I have an ACT flywheel at home and it's definitely over 20lbs, I highly doubt it weighs 17.6 as the whole clutch & flywheel combo weighs 32 lbs, the weight of a stock flywheel alone. Spec and clutch masters's flywheels are below 20 lbs(I believe 14 and 16 respectively).
Sponsored

Hondanickx

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 civic hatch , 2018 civic sedan 1.5T
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I recently had the same problem with my oem clutch.It sometimes chatters on take of and does it very randomly.My car is full stock only have a aftermarket panel filter ,no tune whatsoever.
I only have 30000km now .Anybody else had this on a stock clutch (stock car) ?

pinhead66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan, 2018 Odyssey EX-L
Country flag
I recently had the same problem with my oem clutch.It sometimes chatters on take of and does it very randomly.My car is full stock only have a aftermarket panel filter ,no tune whatsoever.
I only have 30000km now .Anybody else had this on a stock clutch (stock car) ?
I’m starting to get this now too when car is cold randomly and I only have 15k miles on my 19 Si. Car is stock power wise, stock clutch, and a Hardrace rmm. What was the outcome for you?

Hondanickx

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 civic hatch , 2018 civic sedan 1.5T
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I’m starting to get this now too when car is cold randomly and I only have 15k miles on my 19 Si. Car is stock power wise, stock clutch, and a Hardrace rmm. What was the outcome for you?
I'm still on the oem clutch and it still does it from time to time.I think its the dual mass flywheel acting up when releasing the clutch too early or too fast?

RichM

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
Hello.

I have a Civic 1.5t 2017 and it has problems with clutch chatter. The car is stock and has done 29000km.
It does it in first gear when it is cold., but also sometimes when it is warm, and sometimes it dosnt do it - It is very random.
Honda looked at the car 2years ago, and said it was to be expected. They will look at it again, but what can be expected form a new Honda clutch, will the problem go away for good?

I have looked at aftermarket options.
I prefer a close to normal clutch without problems with clutch chatter - If it can handle a Ktuner update it will be a plus.

I found the Clutchmasters FX100 with a single mass flywheel, but I have not been able to find any expirience with this combo - Anyone?

Thanks Krunder
Did you ever resolve the clutch chatter issue? Mine does the same

RichM

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
I'm still on the oem clutch and it still does it from time to time.I think its the dual mass flywheel acting up when releasing the clutch too early or too fast?
Same issue on my 17’ when cold I can mitigate it by slowly releasing the clutch without any throttle (engine is at fast idle being cold) might actually be a fluid metering issue
Sponsored