Masked

First Name
Jos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
The clutch market for this platform has been evolving ever since the car came out. The latest to market is the Competition Clutch kit and it's design takes inspiration from the factory FK8 setup, which is proven to work very well for this platform. The Competition Clutch kit is still fairly new but all feedback so far has been very positive. It is currently our top recommendation:

https://www.twostepperformance.com/products/performance-clutch-kit-for-2016-honda-civic-1-5t

Like most good parts for this platform, it is currently out of stock. Other suggestions would be the kits from:

• SPEC (built to order, would take a couple of days)
  • Exedy (likely in stock for immediate shipment)
  • ACT (might be waiting a while)
https://www.twostepperformance.com/pages/search-results?q=clutch&narrow=[["Fitment","2020-Honda-Civic 1.5T Si-Coupe"],["Fitment","Universal"],["Fitment","Universal"],["Fitment","Universal"]]

I would specifically not recommend any of the Clutchmasters options. They seem to be hit or miss and you don't want to miss on something like this.
Agreed with TSP, I have the Competiton clutch kit Stage 2 and it is amazing! I also have a thread on it if you want to take a look
Sponsored

Anger

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK7,RW2,RD1,RD5,RE5,RU1,FK1,FN2,EP3
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Exedy has SMF or DMF?

fenix-silver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si
Country flag

Anger

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK7,RW2,RD1,RD5,RE5,RU1,FK1,FN2,EP3
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
SMF, but also works w/ the OEM DMF.
Exedy clutch pt number I found in the USA website doesnt specify disk size and wether the flywheel is SMF or DMF. The european website has different pt number for the clutch kit and states that its for DMF, but the disk size is 240mm instead of 230mm

fenix-silver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si
Country flag

Refried_Loaf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'92 civic '19 civic si
Country flag
Either I'm not seeing it or some seem to need an upgraded cms when doing either Spec or Comp, I'm looking at either one of those two when the time comes and I happen to miss out on getting the retrofit.

ChefRyeSi

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan / 04’ CRV EX 5MT
Country flag
I have the ACT kit on preorder from TSP as they mentioned as well as the kzCMC from eman.

Snidely

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 civic si
Country flag
I've got an FX400 with a light weight flywheel. I can say I love this clutch, but I also know there are better clutches out there. At the time that I needed a clutch all my first picks were out of stock. The FX400 grabs hard, but with a sprung disc it is still obtainable to be a comfortable daily. The pedal is much stiffer but does not by any means leave my leg tired or anything. I think it's an awesome race application clutch kit but they do not last very long. I think the avg is 15-20K miles. I've heard anybody say much more than that. Most I've heard of is around 30K miles. When I have to replace mine, I'll probably try CTR retro fit if in stock or comp clutch, possibly ACT as well.
I’m hoping I get more than 15-20k miles o my clutch when it goes in. I average that in a year
Sponsored