Clunking noise from front end upon first moving.

SkyeSI

First Name
Skye
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SI Coupe. 2018 JL Rubicon. 1988 K5 Blazer
Country flag
So I took my car to the dealer this morning, had a tech ride with me, got the car to duplicate the noise, he takes it in right away. I had to go to work, so he calls a few hrs later to ask if the noise started before or after the CAI install, I of course told him before, but after thinking about it for a bit, I cant remember if it was happening with the stock intake or if it started after the CAI install. Does anyone that is having the clunking problem still have the factory intake or is everyone running aftermarket intakes?
Any update from the dealer?
Sponsored

turbo dragon

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SI X
Country flag
Any update from the dealer?
they of course, said it was the brakes that were making the noise, put some M17 lube on the brakes and re torqued all the suspension nuts and bolts, noise its still there, but no where near as loud as it was. I really think it is going to be that transmission mount. I havent looked at it, but Im willing to bet that its made out of that pot metal material and will break pretty soon.

Israel

First Name
Israel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Sounds like the rear motor mount to me. Check out some of my posts and you can review my experience with what sounds like the exact same issue. Don’t be afraid to bring it to your dealer, that is what they are there for you.
Would it sound when you let go of the clutch on 1st gear and desacelarate? I have same issue
Sponsored