Msayed01

First Name
Mo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Hello all, made an account just to ask this question. I got my springs installed on my 2018 Si last night and all my lights came on and I started to hear a lot of clunking noise while driving coming especially from the front driver side. What could this be? I attached a video for reference
Sponsored

Attachments

Dirt

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport 6-Spd Manual
Hello all, made an account just to ask this question. I got my springs installed on my 2018 Si last night and all my lights came on and I started to hear a lot of clunking noise while driving coming especially from the front driver side. What could this be? I attached a video for reference
If you did it yourself you probably didn’t torque everything back to spec. Find the torque spec sheets then go back and redo them. Squeeking means overtorqued unless bushings are bad and clunking means things are loose and not torqued down properly.

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 WRX STi, 2018 Sport Touring Hatchback (sold)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
The lights probably means you broke or didn't properly re-attach the sensors for the adaptive suspension. Clunking can be improperly torqued fasteners, or you didn't trim the bump stops which is usually required.

vandalSI

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic Si sedan
Country flag
make sure to torque down the center nut on the top hats after the car is on the ground. if not the strut can bump up and down and clunk.
Sponsored