courrey

First Name
Correy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport 6MT
Country flag
I recently installed the BR Series on my 2021 hatchback, and ever since the install my car has been making a clunking noise from the bottom driver side. This noise i've tried replicating to try and pinpoint what it is but it happens on bumps, and uneven road as long as the wheels are spinning its clunking. The clunking i can feel at the bottom of my foot, and it sounds as if something is very loose, and is hitting the bottom of the floorboard. It doesn't repeatedly clunk but it does a lot. I've replaced my driver side cv axle, and it still clunks, even adjusted my preload as well. Made sure my subframe bolts were tight, and the problem continues to exist. The sway bar end links look tight, although i have not tugged or eliminated those as a factor. Does anyone have this issue ? If so can anyone enlighten me on what to look at, and what to do ?
Sponsored

dstix747

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Please provide more info such as:

Any other new suspension parts (rear camber arms, rear sway bar, etc.)?

Wheel/tire setup, including wheel offset.

How low did you set the coils and what type are they (normal, extreme low, swift springs)?

Did you install the OEM bushings on both ends of the rear spring?

Did you install the rear perch to the top or bottom?

As a quick solution, most would tell you to start with the tightness of the sway bar as the leading cause. It doesn't sound like you officially checked that.

If that's not it, hopefully we can lead you in the right direction with the rest of the information.

jconnway

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport Hatch 2017 Sport Hatch
Country flag
So less of a solution for you and more of a general thought:

I too have dealt with squeaks, rattles, clunks, clanks, bumps and all manner of assorted noises since modifying my civics.

After endeavoring to track down the source of each and every annoyance, sometimes succeeding and sometimes failing, I came to the realization that I will never truly return to an OEM level of silent, trouble free operation.

The very act of modifying a car brings with it a world of minor issues that just never go away.

Over time, I've just come to accept the fact that my 26mm sway bar endlinks are going to clunk when they hit the control arms because at the end of the day, those links and that bar are not factory designed to fit that location.

My HKS coil overs, awesome as they are, are just not going to feel as comfortable as the stock suspension no matter how I adjust dampening or height or whatever.

My radio rattles; its just not OEM fit and finish. My BBK squeaks, my headlights aren't exactly aimed right, the list goes on forever.

To be clear, I'm not suggesting you abandon searching for this particular noise at all, since this may be a significant suspension thing. Actually, I agree with DStix, you should check those endlinks straight away. I just wanted to offer that perspective to anyone who may be annoyed by stuff like this - I finally surrendered to the fact that it just comes with the territory.

kelsireents

First Name
Kelsi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Ex Hatchback, 1996 Bmw 328is
Country flag
I would love to double this! Has anyone found a solution. I installed Extreme Low Bc’s and have never ending clunking issues. I replaced both axles and tie rods and didn’t help. Then i replaced the half shaft which got rid of the intense clunking so now there is just a slight clunk. Seems like it’s coming from the front drivers side. Everything seems tight but it’s hard to tell where the clunking is coming from. Has the creator found a solution to their issue? I found the blasting my 2 12’s gets rid of the issues personally.

OP
OP
courrey

courrey

First Name
Correy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport 6MT
Country flag
I would love to double this! Has anyone found a solution. I installed Extreme Low Bc’s and have never ending clunking issues. I replaced both axles and tie rods and didn’t help. Then i replaced the half shaft which got rid of the intense clunking so now there is just a slight clunk. Seems like it’s coming from the front drivers side. Everything seems tight but it’s hard to tell where the clunking is coming from. Has the creator found a solution to their issue? I found the blasting my 2 12’s gets rid of the issues personally.
Hello ! I actually found the solution was that my front sway bar end links were tightened enough.
Sponsored