Cloth to Leather seats?

Eskibot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX WOP
Is there anyway to replace cloth seats with leather seats later down the road?
Sponsored

tuck4x4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX Burgundy Night Pearl
Country flag
Yes. I work for a North Texas Honda dealer and this is something we do all the time. Realistically, with profit built in, we ask about $1200 or so, but the result is very nice and in most cases actually include more real leather than the factory does.

OP
OP

Eskibot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX WOP
Yes. I work for a North Texas Honda dealer and this is something we do all the time. Realistically, with profit built in, we ask about $1200 or so, but the result is very nice and in most cases actually include more real leather than the factory does.
so will the leather look like the OEM ones or will it look different? Also, do they switch out the cloth side panels as well?

aaronarf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12' Tacoma, 16' Civic Touring
Country flag
I'm sure Katskinz will come up with a leather seat kit for the 10th gens - pricey but its the best quality leather you will get besides going to a upholstery shop and having a custom set made that will cost even more.

OEM leather really isn't the best quality, its nice but not "real" luxury leather nice.

tuck4x4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
In my experience, it looks the same but he quality is better. They do the door panels and the center console to match the seats. This may change depending on who you use. Our upholsterer is pretty good.

What aaronarf says ^

OP
OP

Eskibot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX WOP
Gotcha. ahh, still deciding if I should get leather seats or not. I like the feeling of leather seats better than cloth, but I still remember when I did't have a license and rode in my Mom's Volvo with leather seats. Hot as crap during the summer and cold as crap during the summer. granted its like a 2006 XC90, has the heating/cooling technology gotten alot better?

tuck4x4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Gotcha. ahh, still deciding if I should get leather seats or not. I like the feeling of leather seats better than cloth, but I still remember when I did't have a license and rode in my Mom's Volvo with leather seats. Hot as crap during the summer and cold as crap during the summer. granted its like a 2006 XC90, has the heating/cooling technology gotten alot better?
I just sold my Mercedes to get the Civic. I think the A/C is entirely comparable.. and much cheaper if it ever does go down.

astein244@

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Civic LX Manual,1995 Civic Del Sol SI 278k,1995 BMW M3 5 speed (rip),1992 SC300 5 speedl(rip),2005 Is300 5 speed(rip)
1200 is standard 1600 with heat or air

DOC101

First Name
Burhan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic lx
Country flag

Can I replace 10th Gen Civic Cloth Seats with 10th Gen Civic Leather seats from a different trim like the touring version or EX-L? I have a 2016 Civic LX with cloth seats and I have someone selling their 10th Gen Civic Leather seats from a Touring cheap. Will the harness be the same?

bluehatch17

First Name
bluehatch17
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sport touring hatchback. 2019 Coupe sport.
Country flag
The leather seats have power. You can place them in there but you need additional parts to power it. You are better off getting covers.

DOC101

First Name
Burhan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic lx
Country flag
The leather seats have power. You can place them in there but you need additional parts to power it. You are better off getting covers.
Other then leather seats from the touring, would I need the rails from the Civic Touring as well to install them in the LX? Will the stock rails in the LX not be compatible with the Touring Seats?

Also if the Touring seats comes with a harness, is it just plug & play into the LX harness? I understand it wont power the seats, but it should power up the heated seats, right?

Because I'm getting the seats cheap, what would I need to do & install to power up the seats?
Sponsored