Cloth Door Handle

Syntek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PWP Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So uh, I'm starting to notice that the door handles are getting dirty. I'm not sure why Honda opted to go with cloth handles as I had a feeling it would be a pain in the ass to clean later. Any suggestions on what to use to clean said material?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Syntek

Syntek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PWP Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

vincelatz

Vince L.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T w/Sensing Metallic Steel/Black
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yeah, that. Lol
While not cheap, you could swap those parts for the leather ones if it really bugs you. Just go to any parts store online and look up that part, but search for an EX-L or Touring part. It will fit - just pop them out and swap the new ones in. Same goes for the center console which is actually not that expensive to do!

Sammie_hun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX
It happens, I just use a dry smooth cotton cloth that doesnt shed and it gets the dust right off

ArnoldLayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Touring
Country flag
Be careful with the cloth on the interiors (door handles, head roof etc). That is not regular fabric but Alcantara in most cases.

You would need a special cleaner to clean Alcantara or you risk ruining it. Make sure it is fabric (in which case a multi surface cleaner would do fine..Do not use APC unless diluted)

Mine has Vinyl on all door handles so easier to clean or apply protectants.

Make sure it is not Alcantara or similar material before you spray anything on there ( I don't know what kinda material the Civic uses on the lower trims on door handles)

dt10g

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX sedan 6MT (Canadian)
Country flag
Definitely recommend swapping to the Leather Honda parts, as the guys have said very reasonable and very easy to do.

If you are enterprising you could just take off your cloth parts and "wrap them" in Alcantara or Leather, or there are services that specialize in this kind of thing. Check out Overland and Sweidit. You can get carbon too from various places.

One point about the Honda Leathers... I partially went with them because the cloth parts were pretty unpadded - in addition to be being rubbish quality. The Leather parts are not any more padded than the cloth ones. It's the same plastic crap underneath, with just a thin unpadded skin of leather. If you are looking for a cushy armrest or something, then you will be disappointed and have to look at other options

jconnway

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport Hatch 2017 Sport Hatch
Country flag
The insight parts are direct swap ins and cheaper.
Sponsored