[CLOSED] Pre-Order Sale | Head Lights & Tail Lights

UnknownCTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR SGP, Mercedes-Benz 2014 C250
Country flag
Just got my tail lights today. Does the turn signal part need to be connected before the rest of it works? Trying to make sure it works before taking apart the hatch lol
Got mine today also, noticed that the smaller housings that fit on the hatch have a on/off switch.
Do you have a picture? I can't seem to find it on mine
This is the right hand side
Honda Civic 10th gen [CLOSED] Pre-Order Sale | Head Lights & Tail Lights IMG_20210701_185015716_HDR
Sponsored

EspadaTiburon

First Name
Harlan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Got mine today also, noticed that the smaller housings that fit on the hatch have a on/off switch.

This is the right hand side
IMG_20210701_185015716_HDR.jpg
Well now I'm confused af LOL. None of my lights are working and mine doesn't look like that either.

Honda Civic 10th gen [CLOSED] Pre-Order Sale | Head Lights & Tail Lights 16251913751793288846770192206802

EspadaTiburon

First Name
Harlan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Oh nvm I got it working. Just had to flip the connectors. Mine doesn't have an on off switch though

EspadaTiburon

First Name
Harlan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Some bad pics for those curious how they look lol.
Honda Civic 10th gen [CLOSED] Pre-Order Sale | Head Lights & Tail Lights 20210701_222808

Honda Civic 10th gen [CLOSED] Pre-Order Sale | Head Lights & Tail Lights 20210701_222822

EspadaTiburon

First Name
Harlan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Cool! How was the install?
I didn't get any instructions with my set, so I'm gathering info and checking videos on the tube.
Same LOL. I used the video from HRS because it looked like most of it was the same. Bottom parts easy. Just check to make sure everything works before doing everything else. If not, flip the plug around. Taking apart the parts on the hatch was really the only trouble. I think I had the most trouble taking apart the rubber parts near the hatch handles. Might need to replace the plastic clips because I'm pretty sure I messed up all 6 of them since I didn't have a plastic crowbar to pull them out. Then it's just lining the wires which wasn't too bad. Rest of it is easy. Just gotta be careful with the nuts.
Oh and don't do it in the dark lol. Took me about 2-3 hours because I was trying to do it in the dark.

OP
OP
Suma Performance

Suma Performance

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CIVICX
Country flag
Cool man! That's strange that they're so different. I wonder if @Suma Performance can explain this?
The smoked and clear designs are a little bit different, including only one of them having the switch. The other design does not.

Last edited:

EspadaTiburon

First Name
Harlan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Did you get smoked or clear tail lights?
also are they really bright?
I got the smoked ones. I didn't find the lights to be crazy bright. The reverse lights aren't as bright for visibility as the stock taillights with LEDs, but nowhere close to as bad as with the stock halogens. The nice part with these reverse lights is that they don't blind the hell out of you if you're behind the car like the stock with LEDs do. I like them. Generally don't like lights with darker tints because I feel like it's dumb to make it harder for people to see when you're braking, but that's not an issue here.
Here's a daytime picture.
It gives the look of those dark tinted tail lights when off without sacrificing the functionality.
They make me want to add a dark tint to the bottom reflectors lol.
Honda Civic 10th gen [CLOSED] Pre-Order Sale | Head Lights & Tail Lights 20210702_112941

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 WRX STi, 2018 Sport Touring Hatchback (sold)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I got the smoked ones. I didn't find the lights to be crazy bright. The reverse lights aren't as bright for visibility as the stock taillights with LEDs, but nowhere close to as bad as with the stock halogens. The nice part with these reverse lights is that they don't blind the hell out of you if you're behind the car like the stock with LEDs do. I like them. Generally don't like lights with darker tints because I feel like it's dumb to make it harder for people to see when you're braking, but that's not an issue here.
Here's a daytime picture.
It gives the look of those dark tinted tail lights when off without sacrificing the functionality.
They make me want to add a dark tint to the bottom reflectors lol.
20210702_112941.jpg
I'm glad I bought smoked bumper reflectors after seeing this lol. Doing them both at once.

EspadaTiburon

First Name
Harlan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I'm glad I bought smoked bumper reflectors after seeing this lol. Doing them both at once.
Did you get new reflectors or just one of those films to put over? Trying to find a place that sells the latter right now lol.

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 WRX STi, 2018 Sport Touring Hatchback (sold)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag

EspadaTiburon

First Name
Harlan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag