CLOSED THREAD

bay_hatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Hatchback Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
^ Agreed, I feel like they would be willing to go down on the price of the car if you went in to negotiate. I was able to get my APR down to 3.51% from 5%. Would've been better through a credit union, but hte one i wanted to go with wasnt open on a saturday
Sponsored

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Odyssey, '94 300zx, 2001 F-150
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
They doubled your APR to try and sell you on a monthly payment and making even more through interest. Hence the longer terms for a seemingly lower payment. Itā€™s cute how they want you to pay twice as much internet for this deal with earlier you were able to get a still-high ~5%.

GBD

First Name
Graham
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
getting better, but Iā€™d still try n get some extra warranties in that cost, and also bring it to your own place fit tint. Also check a few other dealerships within comfortable driving distance. Let them bid/match prices for your business.

end of the day, if youā€™re happy with the deal, go for it. Itā€™s your money.
Definitely suggest this ^^ - at least when I went through this process I didn't even drive to the dealerships you can just call. If you know exactly what you want just state your shopping around for the best price and see what they come back with. Make sure you ask for an invoice/email as a hard copy.

2019 coupe si (Ohio)
Honda Civic 10th gen CLOSED THREAD 1604620056281

justasimpleman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜20 PWP FC1 Si
Country flag
Definitely suggest this ^^ - at least when I went through this process I didn't even drive to the dealerships you can just call. If you know exactly what you want just state your shopping around for the best price and see what they come back with. Make sure you ask for an invoice/email as a hard copy.

2019 coupe si (Ohio)
1604620056281.png
I did all my negotiations through text and email. Basically everything was in writing. Some dealerships wouldnā€™t budge, some matched/beat other dealerships. I just googled ā€œSouthern California honda dealershipsā€ and went down the list. Probably contacted 15+

and if your credit score is truly 750+, donā€™t settle for anything more than 4-5% apr, in all reality, you can probably get into the 2s or 3s.

donā€™t settle for 1 dealership. The more time you spend with just them, the more theyā€™ll make minor tweaks to ā€œsaveā€ you a few bucks to make it look like youā€™re getting a deal.

Neciovato

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 370z Nismo
Country flag
I always give the same advice when it comes to things like this:
1. See what the trade in value is/would be at Carvana - LITERALLY TAKES 5min from your COUCH to do this. This way you can see if you can get a better deal than what the dealer is and use that as leverage.

2. Find out from your own bank to see if you can get a better APR before you go into talk to them. This way you'll have a 2nd opinion on your trade in as well as what type of APR you are qualifying for etc. To me - it's a MAJOR red flag when they more than DOUBLE the APR when you are having them bring down the price of the vehicle/raise your tradein value.

To me - just my .02 - dealers work off of 3 things - 1. Trade in value, 2. APR that you qualify for or they are willing to GIVE you and 3. the price of the vehicle.

When you get a simple tradein value from the likes of CarMax or Carvana - it gives you negociating power as well as knowing what type of APR you qualify for - that way you can focus on the most important part - the price of the vehicle. Good luck - but to be honest - while you might be expecting - you don't NEED the vehicle; and right now with inventory low - prices are higher than they should be etc. Good luck regardless.

saiko21

First Name
Sai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan (Sold) , 2005 Toyota Corolla (Sold)
Country flag
Alright guys, here' the new deal on the table.
I asked them to give me an online appraisal and ended up with 19,500 for my Si Coupe. I did ask if they are willing to raise their end by another 500-1000$ once they see it in person since its in perfect condition. They said yes once they see it they will more likely go up. Which will bring my negative equity to 7k rolled over. As far as the Apr goes, it is generated since I haven't submitted my application and they said once I do the Apr will definitely go down.
No cash down 60 month loan- 456
No down 66 month laon- 433
No down 72 month loan- 421
Keep in mind my current payment is 595$ and payoff of 27,750
P.s 600$! Window tint, craaazy , my window tint was 160$ but atleast I can get that covered by getting my cars value 500$+
4C68EEFE-0CE8-4A3C-9CDD-660E569B2D7D.jpeg
Still No.. not good deal. If I may ask what car are you trading in? How old is it and how many miles? 9.45% apr LOL dude just don't go near that dealership. shop around a little

LookingForFK7

First Name
Jaden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Country flag
Definitely get your car appraised by Carvana or Vroom, or better yet sell it to them. They will probably give you 1-2k more than the dealer will offer. They've been giving good money for cars these days because of the pandemic situation and low supply of new cars.

KingOfBrussels

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Si sedan
Country flag
This is a shit deal. Walk away.

I bought my Si in September. I didn't get much below sticker but no way in hell would I pay a 2k markup plus whatever the hell this NorCal and ProPack crap is. All of those lines on this deal should be crossed the hell out.

I also got 2.42% for 60 months through SunTrust which is the dealer's main non-Honda bank. I have like 830 credit score and had $10k down, but down payment shouldn't have anything to do with the rate and 750 is still A paper for a car loan. Even through Honda the worst rate you should accept is like 4-5%. You have good credit and 9+% is insanity.

Do a quick look see around at outside financing. I told the finance person the truth: I have 2 bank accounts, one's offering 2.99% and the other's 2.49%, with my credit I know I'll get approved for those rates so beat them or I'll get them myself.

This dealer is taking you for one hell of a ride. My reaction to these numbers is, WHAT IN THE ACTUAL FUCK.

Last edited:

reesee175

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic sport
Country flag
Thinking bout adding this to my collection,
I have a 750+ credit score , not putting any down. Definitely want to atleast get 30k OTD
If anything maybe trade my Coupe in since my wife is expecting. My coupe values at 20k , might be able to squeeze some more from the trade in since coupes are discontinued. All opinions welcomed, even from salesmen/women.

View attachment 259159
Can you elaborate on all the extra charges and packages that I have never seen before. Also why is there a mark up for an si. I leave in Va and got mine for 24.5 plus fees. Leave the options off and no warranty if you are going to mod. Don't waste money like I did and went back and canceled it a month later for refund.

REBELXSi

SeƱor Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si coupe RIP, '20 CRV EX-L Hybrid
Country flag
Didn't bother to read any of the replies but that is a rip off. I paid 22.5k + taxes and fees for my '18 Si coupe. About 25k OTD. That's highway robbery lol

BoostinIX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SI Sedan
Country flag
^At least someone says when they didn't read lol

Go to carvana & Carfax. Get sale price for your car. You don't have to trade it in on a lesser deal.

Go get quoted from your banks on vehicle financing, that APR is insane.

Most importantly of anything in this thread-

Don't be afraid to walk away.
Sponsored