CLOSED THREAD

BoostinIX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SI Sedan
Country flag
Some takeaways:

Honda incentives and APRs don't apply to the SI. (i.e. previous 1.9 and similar pricing, at least current incentives.) These are for EX/Touring/Lower trims.

This thread will help you gauge, obviously check the newer posts for recent info. Also plenty of tips listed on getting better deals.
https://www.civicx.com/forum/threads/10th-gen-civic-si-what-did-you-pay.11500/

Use your own financing options, dealers push to use theirs for their own kickbacks.

That deal is no deal, it's a steal for them. Would not advise.

My 20 Sedan was 26250 OTD. There will be other cars, not worth overpaying.
Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Acura Manual Transmission + Nav + Heated Leather
Country flag
Don't do it bro, the all new redesigned 11th gen is right around the corner and by the looks of things it looks a heck of a lot better as well as the same price or even less expensive even! =(

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Odyssey, '94 300zx, 2001 F-150
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I paid around invoice plus doc. Had some trade equity which also made a huge effect on sales tax... but that’s no very applicable in this case. Used a credit union to get preapproval for an interest rate much lower than what you’re showing. Dealers are going to doctor interest rates for monthly payments to get you in the car.

In my opinion... that’s a run, don’t walk, AWAY deal. I’d never pay ADM for a car as mass produced as a Civic Si. MSRP would be a hard sell. Paying $24k was ok. $30k plus? It’s a ripoff. For what-you’ll pay for that $2k down $660/month for 54 months... you’d be paying $37,640. That’s CTR money. Also... just because you’re paying an ass whack for that car doesn’t mean it’s actually worth that much. 1 year from buying that car... you’ll still owe almost $30k still for that car... a car that will be used and not-current gen with gen 11 hitting. It might be worth $20k or so... so you’d be nearly $10k upside down immediately. It’s a *terrible* deal when you consider this.

Conika

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si
Country flag
Obviously do whatever makes you happy but being upside down on a cars value out the door is a huge financial mistake you have to think about where you could be in life in the years to come.

You never want to be trapped by a car. Not being able to get out from under a payment may really mess you up down the line.

These cars are cool and all but you can get a lot more bang for your buck with another brand for that money. All those "Added things" put that car upside down by almost $4000. Not worth IMO.

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Also (since I didn’t see this)... it’s a ‘20. It’s essentially a year old car model year wise at this point. It depreciated a grand sitting on the lot... new or not. The deal is even *worse* so far as I’m concerned. They’re wanting you to pay too much for a car that’s not even the current mode year. It looks like at least, near me, dealers are getting ‘21s or are at least advertising them on their websites. I got my ‘18 3 years ago to the day back in 2017. I wouldn’t take a ‘17.

Nikw91

First Name
Nik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Fit Sport. ‘19 WRB WRX STI
Country flag
2018 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback CVT. 1 owner 24k miles and I paid $18,500 but $20,300 out the door with tax tag title and a 2.04% interest rate two weeks ago.

the financier did it infront of me, he would get $150 commission for 2.04%, $350 commission for 2.99% and $500 commission at 3.99%. Just So you know how that works.

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Also (since I didn’t see this)... it’s a ‘20. It’s essentially a year old car model year wise at this point. It depreciated a grand sitting on the lot... new or not. The deal is even *worse* so far as I’m concerned. They’re wanting you to pay too much for a car that’s not even the current mode year. It looks like at least, near me, dealers are getting ‘21s or are at least advertising them on their websites. I got my ‘18 3 years ago to the day back in 2017. I wouldn’t take a ‘17.
For what it's worth there will not be a 2021 Si.

Still a terrible deal for OP though.

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
For what it's worth there will not be a 2021 Si.

Still a terrible deal for OP though.
Agreed. Despite the lack of the trim in ‘21... I expect the depreciation hit will happen all the same. It’ll be valued the same as a ‘20 sold in November ‘19 with the mileage adjusting the value. Unless there’s some massive savings... I don’t touch last-model-year cars still sitting on the lot new.

I did it with my ‘15 Si because it was a good deal and all and all that car cost well under $200/month to own based on its depreciated value when I traded out for this ‘18.

Had I spent $30k on that car instead of ~22-23k OTD... I’d of both paid 1.5x as much per month that I did... I’d of rolled negative equity when I traded 3 years later instead of being a few grand ahead.

That’s the kind of deal this ‘20 is going to shape up to be. It’s really bad... and it’s the kind of deal that can develop massive negative equity that takes years to shake off.

HondaFanz2018

First Name
HondaFanz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si (Stolen), 2013 Honda Accord Sport V6
Country flag
$33k OTD is WAY too much. Even $30k is high. Try to shoot closer to $25-27k OTD.
Oh yeah, $33K is way to high. My philosophy is 1) buy it used, maybe 3 to 5 years --or-- if you really want it new, research the invoice and go through Costco auto if you are a Costco member, if not there are other services like Edmund's (my friend works there!) where you can research and get the invoice pricing. Never walk into a dealership without at least knowing invoice, never walk into a dealership looking like a wounded animal because the vultures will swoop in

HondaFanz2018

First Name
HondaFanz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Wow you guys get hosed down there on interest. I’m paying 0.99% on my EX. Credit score is around 800.
You only get hosed if you have bad credit or you let yourself get hosed. My friend here in Southern California just financed a 2020 Toyota RAV4 Hybrid, he paid a little over $30K OTD @ 0 percent interest for 60 months ($2K down). He went through the Costco auto program and negotiated the price down a little from what they first presented to them

OP
OP
Vtec_Nah

Vtec_Nah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Alright guys, here' the new deal on the table.
I asked them to give me an online appraisal and ended up with 19,500 for my Si Coupe. I did ask if they are willing to raise their end by another 500-1000$ once they see it in person since its in perfect condition. They said yes once they see it they will more likely go up. Which will bring my negative equity to 7k rolled over. As far as the Apr goes, it is generated since I haven't submitted my application and they said once I do the Apr will definitely go down.
No cash down 60 month loan- 456
No down 66 month laon- 433
No down 72 month loan- 421
Keep in mind my current payment is 595$ and payoff of 27,750
P.s 600$! Window tint, craaazy , my window tint was 160$ but atleast I can get that covered by getting my cars value 500$+
Honda Civic 10th gen CLOSED THREAD 4C68EEFE-0CE8-4A3C-9CDD-660E569B2D7D

justasimpleman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 PWP FC1 Si
Country flag
Alright guys, here' the new deal on the table.
I asked them to give me an online appraisal and ended up with 19,500 for my Si Coupe. I did ask if they are willing to raise their end by another 500-1000$ once they see it in person since its in perfect condition. They said yes once they see it they will more likely go up. Which will bring my negative equity to 7k rolled over. As far as the Apr goes, it is generated since I haven't submitted my application and they said once I do the Apr will definitely go down.
No cash down 60 month loan- 456
No down 66 month laon- 433
No down 72 month loan- 421
Keep in mind my current payment is 595$ and payoff of 27,750
P.s 600$! Window tint, craaazy , my window tint was 160$ but atleast I can get that covered by getting my cars value 500$+
4C68EEFE-0CE8-4A3C-9CDD-660E569B2D7D.jpeg
getting better, but I’d still try n get some extra warranties in that cost, and also bring it to your own place fit tint. Also check a few other dealerships within comfortable driving distance. Let them bid/match prices for your business.

end of the day, if you’re happy with the deal, go for it. It’s your money.

HondaFanz2018

First Name
HondaFanz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Keep negotiating. Also that 9.5% APR...NOPE
Sponsored