Climate Control Button Sticking in cold

NorthernEX-T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
So I have had a minor issue since I picked up my EX-T a month ago. When it's -10c out or colder, the climate control button seems to be sticking, when I press it, it stays pushed in and then returns to working normally when the cabin temperature warms up. Fortunately I can still use the button when it is stuck in lol. Just wondering if anyone else in cold climates have experienced this issue?
Sponsored

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
This is one of the things with the car that worries me, hiding the climate controls this way. It has been down to 2, or -17C and its been fine for me so far.

Namtil101

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
So I have had a minor issue since I picked up my EX-T a month ago. When it's -10c out or colder, the climate control button seems to be sticking, when I press it, it stays pushed in and then returns to working normally when the cabin temperature warms up. Fortunately I can still use the button when it is stuck in lol. Just wondering if anyone else in cold climates have experienced this issue?
That is weird to say the least. I've driven around at -20 here in canada and haven't had any issues yet. If it annoys you enough, call the dealer, but seems a minor issue.

OP
OP
NorthernEX-T

NorthernEX-T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
That is weird to say the least. I've driven around at -20 here in canada and haven't had any issues yet. If it annoys you enough, call the dealer, but seems a minor issue.
Ya ill definitely will be bringing it up to the dealer at the first service. Happens everytime it's colder than -10, my car is outside all day. Is your car outside all the time too?

camhabib

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Porsche 911, 2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
Maybe something was spilled prior to delivery and is causing it to stick? As others have noted, I've used mine down to about -20F without problem.

Namtil101

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Ya ill definitely will be bringing it up to the dealer at the first service. Happens everytime it's colder than -10, my car is outside all day. Is your car outside all the time too?
Yeah i leave it outside just about always, unless I know its going to snow or ice over, then I put it in garage.
Sponsored