First Name
Jp
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI Coupe (WOP)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hey guys, so we've had a super mild summer so in my car I haven't really used the climate button much. But now I'm starting to (which is typical in the season)

But my issue/question is how many times do all of you have to push this button to get the screen to come up. I've tried tapping it once, nothing, firmly pressing it, holding it for a second but I always have to hit it 3 times or so before the screen comes up. Very annoying.

Myself, I would much prefer physical knobs where you don't have to look at to make adjustments.
Not a big fan of the turn front defrost on and the fans kick on HIGH either.....

:(
Sponsored

kritz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17Civic SI sedan
Just once unless I'm waiting for the Honda screen prompts at startup.

OP
OP
jpuhl777

jpuhl777

First Name
Jp
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI Coupe (WOP)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'll ask the dealer about this next time I'm there. I'm not hitting the button right when I turn the car on. Its already been on for several minutes often times. Just kind of weird.

kritz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17Civic SI sedan
Same... I'm sure it can't be accessed during it's boot cycle.
Quite annoying here lately when it's 130 degrees inside the car at startup.:eek:

grumpyguy6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si sedan, 2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Same... I'm sure it can't be accessed during it's boot cycle.
Yep, same here. Normally it pops right up once it's up and running. But when it's first starting nothing happens when the climate button is pushed. Must need to wait for the system to boot up.

Quite annoying here lately when it's 130 degrees inside the car at startup.:eek:
Couldn't agree more! I love the car, but little things like that, and (as has been mentioned ad nauseam) the lack of a volume knob, get frustrating from time to time. I'm going to be pretty bummed if this is "corrected" by Honda soon, as I don't want to have the "bad" version of the 10th gen Si.