Clicking when turning

devert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 CW Type R
Country flag
Hello,

I'm not sure if this is normal or not.. When I take exits fast, for example.. If the suggested speed is 25, and I take the exit fast at around 50 mph, there would be a consistent clicking sound (once every half a second). The clicking sound will go away as soon as I straighten the wheel.

Updated for link
https://imgur.com/a/BE35UDR

Youtube Link:

Starts around 32 seconds.
Sponsored

Last edited:

xc1v1cx

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
I had the same thing happening on my car. I thought it may have been the CV joints, but the dealership said those were fine. What it ended up being for me was misalignment of the plastic hub rings on my wheels. I replaced the hub rings with aluminum ones, and haven't had the issue since. If you are still on stock wheels, then this wouldn't be the problem, but a couple of things to consider anyways.

Deleted member 31314

Also make sure the dealer removed the orange bump stops from your suspension.

OP
OP

devert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 CW Type R
Country flag
Hm.. On stock wheels, and no orange bump stops. Could it be something to do with the ABS by any chance?

Deleted member 31314

I wonder if it could be the active damper system making adjustments as you take the corner to keep the car planted. I am going to have to take my car out and kit some exits and listen to see if it also does it.

OP
OP

devert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 CW Type R
Country flag
I wonder if it could be the active damper system making adjustments as you take the corner to keep the car planted. I am going to have to take my car out and kit some exits and listen to see if it also does it.
Thanks a lot! Please keep me updated.

I notice this most when going on a exit. Example: 25mph, but I go around 50 mph. The clicking sound will not appear if I go 40mph.

ez12a

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 CW Type R
Country flag
The system in the Type R is not that sophisticated.

OneSickFK8

Banned
Banned
First Name
Jae
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PMM FK8
Country flag
This is absolutely not it. I was just whipping the turns and nothing like that at all happened

OP
OP

devert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 CW Type R
Country flag
Could it be the system engaging the rear brakes to help the car turn?

ez12a

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 CW Type R
Country flag
Take some video and post it here. Depending on how loud the clicking is, how it sounds, etc. can mean different things.

OP
OP

devert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 CW Type R
Country flag
Hello,

This is the video link.

https://imgur.com/a/BE35UDR

I got on to this exit ramp. The suggested speed limit is 25mph, I was going 55.
If I drop to 45 mph on this ramp, the clicking noise is gone. The more I turn the wheel, the faster the clicking sound. This sound is more noticeable towards the last half of the video. The car is Hondata tuned. Excuse the road noise. You may have to turn the volume up a lot to listen to the clicking.
Youtube Link:

It starts around 32 seconds.

Thanks.

Last edited:

ez12a

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 CW Type R
Country flag
i'm on my laptop so it might not be a good representation of the sound, but is it the clicking that almost sounds like a computer mouse click?

OP
OP

devert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 CW Type R
Country flag
i'm on my laptop so it might not be a good representation of the sound, but is it the clicking that almost sounds like a computer mouse click?
Yup! It sounds almost like a computer mouse click.
I have an iPhone , and I noticed it’s very audible if you play it at almost max volume.

Last edited:

ez12a

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 CW Type R
Country flag
so its definitely an interior noise then and not something cv/joint related. I have no idea what it could be...maybe something with the power steering rack?
Sponsored