Clicking sound from Dashboard

Vigawla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Sedan 2017 VTi-LX
Anyone noticed slight clicking noises from dashboard? The sound is not disturbing at all but I'm wondering if it's unique to my car or not. It almost sounds like the dashboard is expanding from heat. Imagine someone slightly tapping the plastic on the dash.

It normally happens when I start the car and start to move. Recently as I was just driving, another car merged into my lane, then the ACC had to break. As soon as breaking began, the clicking sound occurred.

I hypothesised at one point that it was light icons flashing on the dashboard, but it doesn't seem to be this.
Sponsored

josby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring sedan
Country flag
I hear that noise when I'm using ACC. I believe it's relays under the dash clicking on and off, related to supplying power to something involved in telling the car to slow down.

OP
OP

Vigawla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Sedan 2017 VTi-LX
I reckon you're spot on, besides the noise occurring soon after startup, I notice it only happens when the ACC breaks now.

cjackgo

cjackgo
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Country flag
Anyone noticed slight clicking noises from dashboard? The sound is not disturbing at all but I'm wondering if it's unique to my car or not. It almost sounds like the dashboard is expanding from heat. Imagine someone slightly tapping the plastic on the dash.

It normally happens when I start the car and start to move. Recently as I was just driving, another car merged into my lane, then the ACC had to break. As soon as breaking began, the clicking sound occurred.

I hypothesised at one point that it was light icons flashing on the dashboard, but it doesn't seem to be this.
I don't have ACC and I hear that clicking from the dash left of the steering wheel after I start it up, I've just learned to ignore it as the dash does not communicate to me anything is amiss.

Jamt11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Integra, 2014 Accord Sport, 1991 Civic, 2015 Accord (wife's)
Country flag
I am getting the clicking noises as well, difficult to tell where it’s coming from but seems to be coming from climate control system.

Wpgtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 honda civic ex
Country flag
I have the same thing, im being told by others on here its the fuel injectors ive yet to confirm at the dealership

Dodif

First Name
Dodif
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
I know this is an older thread, but I'm hearing these clicking noises as well on my 2021 Hatchback Sport. I remember hearing them VERY rarely. In the past couple of weeks, it has gotten worse. Still not too loud, but with radio off, you can easily hear it. I've messed with having AC on/off, but it doesn't matter. Whether I'm driving, and AC is on or off, it still does it. Now I'd say 50% of the time I'm driving, it's making the noises.

kendall_si

First Name
Kendall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si
Country flag
I also have this issue but it comes from the right side of my dash. I meant to check the cabin air filter but it keeps slipping my mind. That’s around where it seems to be coming from for me, I tried some ~percussion maintenance~ and that seemed to at least quiet the noise down
Sponsored