BigTex55

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type R
Country flag
I’ve had my car lowered on swift springs for 6 months with no issues all a sudden I started noticing a clicking noise near the left and right front tires while traveling at low speeds wether in gear or coasting and it would get louder while turning
I took to Honda they said it’s the springs causing issue and that they can not reinstall factory spring because they can’t get it on there lift because it’s so low which I think is bs personally so now I’m going to have my mechanic reinstall the factory springs I personally believe that the springs are not the issue but I suppose it the first step to a solution any ideas what this might be my first thoughts where cv joint but I’m not sure
Sponsored

Attachments

nickname

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Touring
Country flag
It sounds like a rock in the tire treads tbh

Idk why the springs would suddenly make a noise like that... and it doesn't really sound like anything a spring would make.

Do some simple road testing. Like does it get faster or louder on hwy? What's the difference on smooth pavement vs rough? Does it change when turning?

OP
OP
BigTex55

BigTex55

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type R
Country flag

nickname

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Touring
Country flag
Since it's only at 6k and a '21, best bet is to put stock springs on and if it's still making noise make a warranty claim at a different dealership

It's possible the dealership doesn't have low profile lifts and doesn't want the liability of lifting it.

Springs aren't that difficult to change if you have a few tools. Or let who ever put them on do the swap

booost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
What kind of springs are they? Do you have any other suspension mods? Sway bars, etc...?

OP
OP
BigTex55

BigTex55

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type R
Country flag
What kind of springs are they? Do you have any other suspension mods? Sway bars, etc...?
Swift springs are the only modifications I’ve done to the car other than rims and tires but I’ve had no issues for 6 months all a sudden this noise started and it’s now napping more frequently that it was when I originally heard noise all that being said I live in Dallas and have hit so pot holes in the highway before so that could also be a big factor I’m going to get factory springs installed and take back to Honda to fix issue just thought I’d get some other opinions I was also thinking is there a certification required for a Honda mechanic to work on a type r

808fk8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CW
Country flag
Swift springs are the only modifications I’ve done to the car other than rims and tires but I’ve had no issues for 6 months all a sudden this noise started and it’s now napping more frequently that it was when I originally heard noise all that being said I live in Dallas and have hit so pot holes in the highway before so that could also be a big factor I’m going to get factory springs installed and take back to Honda to fix issue just thought I’d get some other opinions I was also thinking is there a certification required for a Honda mechanic to work on a type r
I also have had swift springs installed for 6 months and my car just started making this sound. My situation is literally the exact same as yours. Were you able to get this resolved?

Omarsheikh9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic type r
I'm starting to have the same issue here with Eibach springs, any updates on this ? Anything would be appreciated

Omarsheikh9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic type r
Update - issue is with axle nut. Most people forget to torque the axle nut properly after installing springs on the car. Can be fine at first, but sooner or later you'll start hearing that clicking/ticking noise
Sponsored