Clicking Noise. Help!

Tru3lucky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si
Country flag
So, for the last 4 months i have has this clicking noise coming from the passenger rear of my 2020 Civic Si. It clicks going over most roads it can be a smooth road and if you hit a small wave in the asphalt it'll click or going over just a descent road. I have had myself and friends in the truck/passenger area trying to find it with little success. Some say its in the C pillar like where the airbag is, others say it might be suspension. I was hoping someone could give me an idea of what it is and how to fix it cause I can't find it and it's driving me crazy. Below is what it sounds like. In the video it doesn't seem as loud but its a high pitch clicking that you can hear over most music at a decent volume.

Last edited:

SDAlexander8

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17’ Si FC3, 17’ Accord 2dr V6 6MT, 22’ RL RTL-E
Country flag
How does it sound when you make the window go up and down?

OP
OP
Tru3lucky

Tru3lucky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si
Country flag
Here's a Youtube link if the uploaded video doesn't work.

SDAlexander8

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
it sounds the same. No difference.
Does the window go up and down normally? Sometimes the clamps that hold the window in can come loose. Maybe a screw or plastic clip broke and is rattling in your C pillar or door? It sounds like tapping against glass or metal to me.

OP
OP
Tru3lucky

Tru3lucky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si
Country flag
Does the window go up and down normally? Sometimes the clamps that hold the window in can come loose. Maybe a screw or plastic clip broke and is rattling in your C pillar or door? It sounds like tapping against glass or metal to me.
Yeah window sounds and appears fine. Most of the people I have had in the car say it sounds like its coming from about where the C pillar and rear deck connect. We have taken out trunk lining and the foam from the spare tire area, still clicking. I saw an old fourm saying it could be where the tail light, quarter panel and rear bumper meet but its not that. My next thing to do I guess is take out the rear deck plastic cover but with that reverse clip I have been putting it off. Also, I want to make sure its not the suspension. I did take off the rear wheel and try shaking everything and all seemed tight and did not hear the sound.

SDAlexander8

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Open the rear door and firmly shake it back and forth. Do the same with the trunk lid. If no rattles, then we can confidently say it’s not in the doors.

Have you ever pulled out the tail lights to change a bulb? The plastic clips that hold those in can break easily if the tail light is yanked at the incorrect angle.

Smack the third brake light housing behind the backseat a few times as well.

OP
OP
Tru3lucky

Tru3lucky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si
Country flag
Open the rear door and firmly shake it back and forth. Do the same with the trunk lid. If no rattles, then we can confidently say it’s not in the doors.

Have you ever pulled out the tail lights to change a bulb? The plastic clips that hold those in can break easily if the tail light is yanked at the incorrect angle.

New car so haven't replaced the rear light yet. I thought about removing the tail light and driving to see if it solve my problem but as you said I'm worried it would do more harm then good. I do suffer from the 3rd brake light sub rattle so I applied foam squares to prevent that so I don't think its the 3rd brake light. Just tested the door/trunk no noise.

Kane666

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

are the clips sold individually?

jayy_swish

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport Touring
Country flag
This is what I do to find stuff that rattles it’s a good way to replicate and/or try to get stuff to rattle while the car is stationary.
what you want to do is Max out your bass in the radio settings, and play this relatively loud, but don’t let it to the point of distortion.
Play this:

..once you find what frequency it rattles at just search up a video at the frequency and just go around holding trim pieces until you find the rattle
Sponsored