natethegreat

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R / Ap1 S2000
Country flag
Just installed a set of Depo clear side markers with @TypeRLEDs side lights. First thing I have to say is dang, the car looks substantially better (WOP Si), but after driving around for a bit tonight, I’m honestly concerned they may be too bright. I was easily lighting up the cars next to me.

I’m curious, has anyone run I to any police trouble with clear markers + led bulbs yet?
Are the @TypeRLEDs plug and play? I’m considering ordering these for the side markers.The reverse LED’s look amazing, I might have to get those as well. Too bright you say ? I wonder how the smoked housing will look instead of the clear

PrettyFly4A_Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Are the @TypeRLEDs plug and play? I’m considering ordering these for the side markers.The reverse LED’s look amazing, I might have to get those as well. Too bright you say ? I wonder how the smoked housing will look instead of the clear
I would highly recommend getting the full interior kit + reverse and then add in the sidemarkers. It’s well worth the money.

They are completely plug-n-play. After installing, it really made me wonder why the car didn’t come like this from the factory.

I think I’m just noticing the side markers because they stand out so much more. Once I get the LED headlights and fog lights in, everything will be uniform and look like it came standard.

natethegreat

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R / Ap1 S2000
Country flag
I would highly recommend getting the full interior kit + reverse and then add in the sidemarkers. It’s well worth the money.

They are completely plug-n-play. After installing, it really made me wonder why the car didn’t come like this from the factory.

I think I’m just noticing the side markers because they stand out so much more. Once I get the LED headlights and fog lights in, everything will be uniform and look like it came standard.
The stock headlights are horrible on these cars, my drive to work is all backroads with no streetlights and I find myself using the brights almost everyday. Which bulbs did you decide to go with from xenondepot? I’ve been looking at the XLL H11 KIT XTREME HID, any thoughts on this one. I don’t know shit about LED lights, but I would like to upgrade the low beams/high beams/fogs and daytime running.

PrettyFly4A_Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
The stock headlights are horrible on these cars, my drive to work is all backroads with no streetlights and I find myself using the brights almost everyday. Which bulbs did you decide to go with from xenondepot? I’ve been looking at the XLL H11 KIT XTREME HID, any thoughts on this one. I don’t know shit about LED lights, but I would like to upgrade the low beams/high beams/fogs and daytime running.
I went with the Xtreme Pro LED kit in H11 and H8 (low and fogs). I’ve heard/read great things about them, but personally do not have any experience yet.

Personally I chose LED’s for the simplicity and reliability. The HID kits will offer brighter light output, but I’ve heard you really need to replace the projectors if you go that route.

a c i d.f l y

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX 2.0 CVT Sedan w Sensing
Country flag
I went with the Xtreme Pro LED kit in H11 and H8 (low and fogs). I’ve heard/read great things about them, but personally do not have any experience yet.

Personally I chose LED’s for the simplicity and reliability. The HID kits will offer brighter light output, but I’ve heard you really need to replace the projectors if you go that route.
In most cars, but not the new Civic. Seems the housings are perfectly designed for HID lamps. The primary issue with HID is projecting above the windows of other cars, called "dazzling" which you'll get pulled over for. It's especially present when dick heads install aftermarket HID lamps in their trucks with stock housings. But as you can see from my image below, it's perfect. Cuts off just below the window line of nearly every vehicle I've come across. Clarity, light throw, amazing. Blows stock away.

As far as simplicity? It took me 15 minutes to install. Connecting the adapters to the ballast was most of it. Instructions are included, but it's pretty damn easy. The Xentec kit comes with adhesive backing on the ballasts so you can stick them anywhere.

Honda Civic 10th gen Clear side markers. 20171116_201254

M1KL83

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback LX 6MT, 2002 Honda Accord SE 5MT
Country flag
Those HID headlights look badass!!

Apologies as I'm sure this has been covered somewhere but can anyone tell me the proper bulbs needed for the Hatchback side markers? I'm looking to swap out the orange sidemarker lenses for smoked ones and I want to upgrade the factory bulbs to Amber LEDs. The lenses I like don't come with LED bulbs.

Thanks!

TypeRLEDs

#1 Source for 10thgen LEDs
Threads
Reaction score
Website
TypeRLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Those HID headlights look badass!!

Apologies as I'm sure this has been covered somewhere but can anyone tell me the proper bulbs needed for the Hatchback side markers? I'm looking to swap out the orange sidemarker lenses for smoked ones and I want to upgrade the factory bulbs to Amber LEDs. The lenses I like don't come with LED bulbs.

Thanks!
T10 194

Check out the link in my signature for the bulb guide .
Hope this helps!

AV-EXT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic EX-T 2016
Country flag
Hi guys. Need your help. Changed side markers and bulbs (Sylvania T10/168). Bulbs don't work. Am I fucked up with right size?
Also, put back stock bulbs and they don't work as well.

PS, checked @TypeRLEDs guide. I should go with T10/194.

Last edited:

M1KL83

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Hi guys. Need your help. Changed side markers and bulbs (Sylvania T10/168). Bulbs don't work. Am I fucked up with right size?
Also, put back stock bulbs and they don't work as well.

PS, check @TypeRLEDs guide. I should go with T10/194.
I think you got it right with your edit of 194 instead of 168's you have now.

You should also try flipping the bulb around the other way to make sure the polarity is correct. Try doing this before you put the screws back in the wheel well meaning that you put the bulb in, connect it to the cars wiring and then try firing it up to make sure they work before closing them up and sealing the wheel well up. If they don't light up, flip the bulb around so that the contacts are reversed and that way the polarity should be right the second time as there's only two ways they can go in! if you don't get it right the first time you'll get it right the second.

Good luck!

AV-EXT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic EX-T 2016
Country flag
I think you got it right with your edit of 194 instead of 168's you have now.

You should also try flipping the bulb around the other way to make sure the polarity is correct. Try doing this before you put the screws back in the wheel well meaning that you put the bulb in, connect it to the cars wiring and then try firing it up to make sure they work before closing them up and sealing the wheel well up. If they don't light up, flip the bulb around so that the contacts are reversed and that way the polarity should be right the second time as there's only two ways they can go in! if you don't get it right the first time you'll get it right the second.

Good luck!
Thank you )

M1KL83

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
T10 194

Check out the link in my signature for the bulb guide .
Hope this helps!
So I was at the parts source the other day and in their computer system for the 17-18 hatchbacks they are showing bulb number 2821 (12volt 3 amp) for the sidemarker's bulbs.
Seeing as the # 2821 is 3 amp and the T10 194 LEDs are ranging between 0.8 - 2 amps and 194 Hallogens are 3.8 amps should we not be looking for amber 2821 bulbs (if they even exist) to be safe and be replacing factory bulb with the most compatible/comparable?
The Honda manual shows 3 amp for the factory sidemarker bulb but doesn't list an exact bulb #.

I may be way off base here but I'm curious to see what you'all think.

Cheers!
Sponsored