Clear side markers.

Mogadee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'07 Mazdaspeed 3, '17 WOP Si Sedan
Country flag
Is there any side marker with turn signal function that is only amber when on and flashes amber for turn signal? Not a fan of the white parking lights
You can buy the clear side markers and replace the bulb with an amber one. You will have the clear or smoked look while maintaining the amber signal.

a c i d.f l y

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX 2.0 CVT Sedan w Sensing
Country flag
Got mine on eBay for $40

20171230_164515.jpg

20171230_164750.jpg
Which one's did you get, and what kind of back did they have? I ordered these other ones and quickly realized there was no way they were going to fit, even after I was shipped an adapter. They were too fat, had a two pronged hole, and the clipping mechanism was entirely different.

Everything I'm seeing online, other than the two that look like safety reflectors (in clear and smoke), have had this JDM style connector. I really like this style, but I can't find them in a version that fits my car. I already have chrome covered amber bulbs, so the mirrored housing doesn't look amber.

Honda Civic 10th gen Clear side markers. s-l500 (1)

Honda Civic 10th gen Clear side markers. s-l500

↓↓↓↓WRONG↓↓↓↓
Honda Civic 10th gen Clear side markers. s-l640

↓↓↓↓WRONG ↓↓↓↓
Honda Civic 10th gen Clear side markers. 41pJklkpraL

↓↓↓↓CORRECT↓↓↓↓
Honda Civic 10th gen Clear side markers. 31gdNzglxVL

Last edited:

ShuJam

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport Touring Hatchback
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Which one's did you get, and what kind of back did they have? I ordered these other ones and quickly realized there was no way they were going to fit, even after I was shipped an adapter. They were too fat, had a two pronged hole, and the clipping mechanism was entirely different.

Everything I'm seeing online, other than the two that look like safety reflectors (in clear and smoke), have had this JDM style connector. I really like this style, but I can't find them in a version that fits my car. I already have chrome covered amber bulbs, so the mirrored housing doesn't look amber.
The JDM style ones still fit, even though they are different on the back. What you will need is to alter the plug that the bulb goes in and is inserted into the back of the sidemarker, by shaving off 2 of the 4 little notches (which is what I did), or get an adapter for them.

a c i d.f l y

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
The JDM style ones still fit, even though they are different on the back. What you will need is to alter the plug that the bulb goes in and is inserted into the back of the sidemarker, by shaving off 2 of the 4 little notches (which is what I did), or get an adapter for them.
Unfortunately that's not necessarily the case for me. The clip and thickness are completely different. The four or two pronged hole for the bulb housing isn't really the issue.

PrettyFly4A_Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Just installed a set of Depo clear side markers with @TypeRLEDs side lights. First thing I have to say is dang, the car looks substantially better (WOP Si), but after driving around for a bit tonight, I’m honestly concerned they may be too bright. I was easily lighting up the cars next to me.

I’m curious, has anyone run I to any police trouble with clear markers + led bulbs yet?

ShuJam

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport Touring Hatchback
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Unfortunately that's not necessarily the case for me. The clip and thickness are completely different. The four or two pronged hole for the bulb housing isn't really the issue.
Have you actually bought them and tried installing them, or are you t going by photos? I haven't heard of anybody having issues installing them in any 10th gen, with perhaps the exception of the Type R. But all other coupe, sedan, and hatches I haven't heard any of those owners having issues installing them.

The ones I have look exactly like those clear ones you posted with the 2 notches, except mine are genuine Honda ones. The ones I pulled out that came with my car, look exactly like the last photo, except they are orange/amber.

a c i d.f l y

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Have you actually bought them and tried installing them, or are you t going by photos? I haven't heard of anybody having issues installing them in any 10th gen, with perhaps the exception of the Type R. But all other coupe, sedan, and hatches I haven't heard any of those owners having issues installing them.

The ones I have look exactly like those clear ones you posted with the 2 notches, except mine are genuine Honda ones. The ones I pulled out that came with my car, look exactly like the last photo, except they are orange/amber.
I've actually purchased all three kinds. If it doesn't have the clip like the orange OEM one in the picture I took below, it won't fit. Look how much fatter it is, and the big clip on the clear one doesn't click into place, either. The DEPO are the only ones that fit, and those look like safety reflectors, I have a pair of smoke ones. The passenger one didn't stay clipped in, fell out in a car wash and scraped up my bumper. They're also not as well sealed as OEM, since they would get condensation in them. So no, I'm not talking out of my ass.

Honda Civic 10th gen Clear side markers. 20180127_125644

Honda Civic 10th gen Clear side markers. 20180127_125653

Honda Civic 10th gen Clear side markers. 20180127_125525

a c i d.f l y

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
As I have said many times in this thread, These fit 100% I have these and installed them on my car, For those of you who do not want White LED bulbs there is an option for amber LED bulbs. Ive had them on for about 3 months no issues with fitment or fogging or anything.

iJDMTOY (2) Xenon White LED Lights w/ JDM Clear Lens Side Marker Lamps For 10th Gen Honda Civic Sedan/Coupe/Hatchback https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01LXTA1K7?ref=yo_pop_ma_swf
Which trim do you have, because these do not fit my EX Sedan (US).

PrettyFly4A_Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
I have an LX which is the same thing as the EX. All of the trims have the same body panels. Are you sure youre installing properly? You have to really push on it to get it in. I put the side closer to the Headlights in first, Pushed very hard in that direction and snapped the other side in.
Could also be a Quality Control issue. Perhaps he just got a poor quality set?

Lunar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring Sedan
Country flag
I've purchased like four sets of these things. The Genuine Honda clear markers are the best in terms of quality but the right side is really tricky in terms of getting it to click in. The third party ones by depot and other 3rd party manufacturers fit without issue but they are really hit and miss in terms of quality. Water/condensation can get in the 3rd party ones.

PrettyFly4A_Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
I've purchased like four sets of these things. The Genuine Honda clear markers are the best in terms of quality but the right side is really tricky in terms of getting it to click in. The third party ones by depot and other 3rd party manufacturers fit without issue but they are really hit and miss in terms of quality. Water/condensation can get in the 3rd party ones.
Like I said, I just installed my clear Depo’s yesterday. The fit and finish were incredibly similar to OEM. Time will tell how they hold up to water and condensation.

My biggest concern at the moment is whether I’m going to get a ticket for how bright the LED’s are.

Lunar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring Sedan
Country flag
Like I said, I just installed my clear Depo’s yesterday. The fit and finish were incredibly similar to OEM. Time will tell how they hold up to water and condensation.

My biggest concern at the moment is whether I’m going to get a ticket for how bright the LED’s are.
Are you using white leds?

PrettyFly4A_Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Are you using white leds?
Yeah, I have the @TypeRLEDs and they are incredibly bright. I put the interior and reverse lights in as well.

I think I’m just concerned because they stand out so much compared to my halogens. I need my order to get in from XenonDepot, then everything will look uniform.
Sponsored