Clear Side marker alternatives to Suma Performance

MrTuckers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Type R, 08 CRV, 06 Oddy, 14 Accord 9th Gen V6
Country flag
What are better alternative replacements for Suma Performance side markers? I bought a set of clears with turn signals and after wiring them up and finally installing them, I was quite impressed with the brightness and functionality but the assembly and form factor came up a bit short.

The passenger side marker has an ugly gap that's succeptable to water intrusion. From what I hear they fit fine on a regular 10th Gen but not so much on the Type R. It's nice to rock them while we still have good weather but definitely before the winter comes they'll be replaced with another brand and/or back to OEM Ambers. At this point I may just modify the alignment tab so that it slits more flush to close out the gap as another member suggested I do since I'm probably beyond the point of returning these for a refund minus restocking fees and I've already spliced into the wires it came with.

Honda Civic 10th gen Clear Side marker alternatives to Suma Performance PXL_20200927_224949538
Sponsored

Last edited:

Snmtazz70

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
500HP 2019 Honda Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
The OEM euro clears are good. Seems like the clip in back is not properly seated.

j_limitz

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Type R - Championship White
Country flag
The OEM euro clears are good. Seems like the clip in back is not properly seated.
Seee OP...I told you lol

I know the price is a little much though if it's not in your budget. You can always try looking for a used set.

OrchidFc3

First Name
Holly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R, 1996 ITR, 1992 SI
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Why do so many people waste money on aftermarket side markers that never fit and usually hold water? If you want something different just wrap them or stick to the OEM clear markers..

Coqui

First Name
Ramon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Boost Blue
Country flag
@j_limitz yes, easy mod and they go right in. Mine have been on since May w no issues. Vid below shows process

OP
OP
MrTuckers

MrTuckers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Left-Right...7?pageci=92aa136c-0618-483d-8e3c-2601338b21b2

No leaks either, but euro clear are more proven not to leak.

Fitment on both very good.
Thanks for the suggestion. I looked on the item page to see if he has any clears but was unsuccessful. Also, the list doesn't include Type R's. I like the price though and it seems reasonable compared to the Suma's I bought. Someone suggested on another media site to modify the mounting holes in order for them to fit.

In my mind, why should I modify anything on the vehicle when these Suma's should be plug n' play. That's just ridiculously stupid because if I choose that route, and then pop back in the OEM's there's good chance they won't fit when I put them back as stock.

j_limitz

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Type R - Championship White
Country flag
Thanks for the suggestion. I looked on the item page to see if he has any clears but was unsuccessful. Also, the list doesn't include Type R's. I like the price though and it seems reasonable compared to the Suma's I bought. Someone suggested on another media site to modify the mounting holes in order for them to fit.

In my mind, why should I modify anything on the vehicle when these Suma's should be plug n' play. That's just ridiculously stupid because if I choose that route, and then pop back in the OEM's there's good chance they won't fit when I put them back as stock.
That part # is not specific to the CTR, but if you watch the video above it will guide you to make it work, i thought about this route but ended up buying the CTR specific part

Coqui

First Name
Ramon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Boost Blue
Country flag
I went w cheaper ones because still oem..and no plans to ever put ugly oranges ones back in lol...why pay 3x price for same look when removing 2 tabs tooks less than 5mins total

xdecemberguy

First Name
Randrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
What are better alternative replacements for Suma Performance side markers? I bought a set of clears with turn signals and after wiring them up and finally installing them, I was quite impressed with the brightness and functionality but the assembly and form factor came up a bit short.

The passenger side marker has an ugly gap that's succeptable to water intrusion. From what I hear they fit fine on a regular 10th Gen but not so much on the Type R. It's nice to rock them while we still have good weather but definitely before the winter comes they'll be replaced with another brand and/or back to OEM Ambers. At this point I may just modify the alignment tab so that it slits more flush to close out the gap as another member suggested I do since I'm probably beyond the point of returning these for a refund minus restocking fees and I've already spliced into the wires it came with.

PXL_20200927_224949538.jpg

I don't know about yours but the ones I bought from Suma fit perfectly.

Honda Civic 10th gen Clear Side marker alternatives to Suma Performance 20201002_164531

OP
OP
MrTuckers

MrTuckers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I don't know about yours but the ones I bought from Suma fit perfectly.

20201002_164531.jpg
Of course they fit perfectly (On that side- the drivers side). My issue is on the passengers side. Maybe the metal square hole fastener tab that holds the Side marker needs to be adjusted.