Cleaning/washing tips?

NickfromSD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX 2.0L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
This is my first brand new car, and i'd like to keep it looking brand new as long as possible. Redundancies aside, what are some good tips on keeping the paint and windows pristine? How about the interior plastic & fabric of the EX model? I've noticed the door fabric and center console fabric are already showing signs of chalky/flakey skin and dirt/dust. What is the best way to remove and avoid these kinds of scuffs in black fabric?

Looking for recommendations on cleaning products as well. I got an armor all gift pack for Christmas, but after a little research online; the general consensus is that armor all is crap. What do you guys think about meguir's products?

Lastly, A tree by my driveway drops some sap-like substance on my car. its not noticible on my paint, but definitely noticible on my windshield. What is the safest way to remove this stubborn stuff? Windex isn't really doing anything.
Sponsored

david1pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring, MSM with Black Interior
Country flag
Nick, from San Diego... in looking at your profile picture... you probably shouldn't Vape and Ride. ;)

Honda Civic 10th gen Cleaning/washing tips? 2493

Also, welcome.

Last edited:
OP
OP
NickfromSD

NickfromSD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX 2.0L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Nick, from San Diego... in looking at your profile picture... you probably shouldn't Vape and Ride. ;)

Honda Civic 10th gen Cleaning/washing tips? 2493

Also, welcome.
Thanks! Its an old pic, just a placeholder until i get my babygirl washed and waxed up. FYI i stopped vaping as soon as it became a status quo, i really only used it to get off cigarettes, which worked! :thumbsup:

gwentiger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
One of the tips I would like to share with you is to not forget to use such car care products as shampoo, protection kit, fiber chamois and other stuff like these http://www.colourshield.com/ ones. You see, caring and cleaning are highly important for car owner, from your attitude towards to your auto will depend its condition. Don't let your car suffer. :)

hankins957

First Name
hankins
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic
Country flag
On the off chance that you've at any point gotten a whiff of spoiled eggs or sulfur while moving your clothing to your dryer, we are very brave: your grimy clothes washer is to be faulted. Despite the fact that you depend on your washer to clean towels, garments, and materials, it likewise should be cleaned occasionally, with the goal that it can carry out its responsibility well. It's not just about smell Extra clothing cleanser, cleanser, and flotsam and jetsam stuck in the washtub can come off on garments, deserting odd checks and stains. Therefore alone, you ought to clean your clothes washer once every month, particularly in the event that you need to forestall smelly scents and keep your garments fit as a fiddle.

Fortunately, it's generally speedy and simple to clean — in any event as indicated by Carolyn Specialty, overseer of the Marymaid Luxury Cleaning Services Lab at the Great Housekeeping Establishment. Techniques shift from machine to machine (front loaders versus top loaders, particularly), so make a glance at Strong point's stride by-step guidelines on the best way to clean a clothes washer and afterward ensure that it lines up with your apparatus' producer's bearings.

Instructions to Clean a Clothes washer:

Think about all the cleanser, cleansing agent, and gunk that develops within your clothes washer. Also the form and grime that gets caught under the elastic seal. While the clothes washer's channel and channel hose don't require as much tender loving care, it's prescribed to give within your apparatus a decent perfect in any event once per month. This is what to do when the opportunity arrives:

Take out clean garments speedily: When a cycle closes, void the machine to forestall a smelly scent creating in the washtub.

Evacuate any flotsam and jetsam or pet hair: In the event that you have a pet that sheds in the house, you're going to discover pet hair in your washer subsequent to running a few burdens. Leave the entryway open until the pet hair and drum are altogether dry. At that point, utilizing your vacuum's delicate brush connection and vacuum out the hide.

Clean the machine: Really, numerous more up to date models have a unique washer cleaning cycle. On the off chance that yours doesn't, include 1/2 cup of fluid chlorine dye to the allocator and run an ordinary cycle with heated water (or follow what the manual says). Or on the other hand you can utilize a claim to fame cleaner, as Affresh or Tide Clothes washer More clean. (FYI, While some may suggest cleaning your machine with vinegar, the Great Housekeeping Foundation Cleaning Lab doesn't trust it's compelling enough.)

Wipe and dry the elastic seal: On the off chance that you have a front-loader, clean the elastic gasket off and dry altogether to forestall shape.

Archie

First Name
Cj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic coupé lx 2017
Country flag
Best tip I could give you is go watch the videos of PanTheOrganizer from YouTube. The guy is great and give so many tips and also says what to buy.

It would be too long to write here. But DO NOT use the armorall products. So shitty sorry lol

Jens_sedanEX18

First Name
Jen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Ex
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Agree with @McDavid on PantheOrganizer. He’s a trip. I like his YouTube videos. And yes, don’t use any Armorall products. They suck. If anything, I like the Meguiars wipes for the interior. And also the CG nonsense spray for upholstery. As far as the tree sap, not sure if you can use a clay bar on it or not. But I’ve clay’d my car and sometimes it can be a PITA or easy detailing. I’ve noticed when your car is clay, any products you use, you get better results. :thumbsup: Good luck ??
Sponsored