Cleaning/Washing the Type R

Nightshifter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R 2020
Country flag
So I have a 2017 Black Type R that I bought about 10 days ago and wanted to know the best way to wash it at a DIY or self service car wash to avoid scratches and swirls since its black. I live in an apartment so cant wash it myself, and only have those DIY or self service car washes nearby. Also if you guys have a list of best products to use as in wax, wheel cleaners, and seat cleaners. Thank you!
Well if the car isn't toooo dirty, i found nothing better than using Wolfgang Uber Rinseless wash... I have to use it all the time now around here (HOA whores) but 1 oz in 1 liter makes a great detailers waterless wash that doesn't introduce any love marks if done properly. Use on a black BMW and I always check with a detailers light if any new hairline scratches show up... always make sure you're uses a clean high quality microfiber dampened with distilled water first.. than spray the section of towel you're using (there will be eight sides to use in all...) saturate a panel... slowly wipe one side to there other rolling away as you finish with that stroke on the upper part of the tower... then the next tier level down in the middle of the towel... then finally the lower part. Repeat for every panel staying away from the skirt area and wheels (which don't matter if you're doing first or last cause you're not spraying the car with a hose & foam gun). I do this everyday (makes it much easier... less build up) and keeps the car looking showroom new. The only carnauba infused WAX i used that didn't introduce any smearing was Adam's Spray Wax. I tried like .. uh all of them! =) Works great on the windows as well... I'll wash the car at a do it yourself (about every 3 to 6 months... decontaminate if needed then seal using Wolfgang's Deep Gloss Sealant... (best i've used) and top it off with the Adam's Spray Wax. If i do any paint correction, Griot's Garage products have worked the best for me... I've used Meguiar's, Manzerna, 3M... which are all high quality... but Griot's seemed to work the best overall for me. Griot's had the best lubricity, abrasives broke down from compounding to polishing level almost flawlessly and virtually zero residue wiping off. I mean everyone will usually find their nitch on what products work best with their approach in their ambient conditions.
Sponsored

dwag0588

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CW CTR, 2014 Mazda CX-5, 2006 NC Miata, 2018 Silverado 5.3 (work)
Country flag
Ceramic Coating is the best thing anyone can do to their car aesthetically. Now keep in mind, Ceramic Coating WILL NOT PREVENT PAINT CHIPS. It will still chip. Only PPF can prevent paint chips.

I just had my Ceramic Coating guy do my Full frontal PPF with XPEL (10 year warranty) Bumper, Headlights, fenders, hood, mirror caps, and rear quarter panel flares with 5 year Ceramic Pro Ceramic coating for 1800 plus tax. Cheapest I've heard anyone pay for the products being used on my car.

Edit: as for cleaning supplies, once you get your car ceramic coated, Ceramic Pro suggested I use Americana Ceramic Aftercare soap

https://americanaglobal.com/collections/product-catalog/aftercare?sort_by=best-selling

Prior to this I really liked Chemical Guys soaps!
Wish we had a super like button. I was very skeptical. Figured for the cost the ceramic coating must be a placebo. It has saved me HOURS of cleaning time. It was first applied 10 months ago, and I still have perfect water beading. I did ceramic pro. I liked it so much I wanted to have it done to my wife’s car.