Angela1256

First Name
Angela
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic EXL
Country flag
so long story short, I got either the stomach bug or food poisoning and it hit me while on the freeway heading home and I just kind of yakked everywhere. I managed to clean the seats with some woolite upholstery cleaner we had around the house (everyone in my life got the same thing so there was no going to the store to buy stuff), however since I was only able to clean it two days after, some of it soaked in and the smell is there. Any tips??

Sorry it's gross and cringeworthy, I'm so upset about this:( :cry:
Sponsored

camhabib

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Porsche 911, 2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
I'd take it to a professional detailer and let them handle it.

OP
OP
Angela1256

Angela1256

First Name
Angela
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic EXL
Country flag
I figured as much, I just got her detailed Saturday >_> thanks for your input

timothyjay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
I remember in my old Civic I had a passenger who, after a night of partying, threw up in my passenger seat.

After cleaning the interior with carpet/fabric cleaner with the foam/brush combo from the parts store, I tried some pet/odor removal spray and Febreezed like crazy. Leaving it out in the sun with the windows down should try to air it out as well.

I figured as much, I just got her detailed Saturday >_> thanks for your input

mechatune

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.slow
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I use all purpose cleaner or upholstery cleaner with a steam vac. Rent a steam vac or bring it to your detailer.

After all the cleaning is done and you've aired it out and the smell is still there, you literally have to run your nose throughout to find out exactly what spot(s) need to be hit again. The last time I was in your situation, the smell was coming from the backside of a seat belt and the rear carpeting where your calves rest ;)

bhorn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic EX HS Sedan
Country flag
:puke:
Only posted to use this smiley.

Also, sorry about your car. Hope you feel better.

OP
OP
Angela1256

Angela1256

First Name
Angela
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic EXL
Country flag
I just took it to my detailer, explained what happened and they took care of it:)

jessgofffff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX
Country flag
I just took it to my detailer, explained what happened and they took care of it:)
Glad you got it taken care of! Anytime I get even slightly nauseous in a car I'm always so worried because I don't want to deal with cleaning/having it cleaned or, god forbid, puking in someone else's car. Even if they forgave me I don't think I'd ever get over it lol.

OP
OP
Angela1256

Angela1256

First Name
Angela
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic EXL
Country flag
Lol I'm so happy to be over with it to! I'm so upset I didn't grab for my little trashcan bin to yak into lmao >_>

Id probably be okay if I yakked in someone else's car..Lol when my bf and I started dating ages ago, I accidentally yakked all over his floor right when I landed the winning shot in beer pong and his dog ate it all up, so I'm no stranger to that kind of shame:rofl:

Civics4Ever

Rally Red EXT
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Civic Sedan LX, 17 Civic Coupe Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Wondering if anyone has used Resolve carpet cleaner on the cloth seats? I got some blood stains on my ivory part of the seat.

carlson03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T, 2017 EXL Pilot AWD Sensing
Wondering if anyone has used Resolve carpet cleaner on the cloth seats? I got some blood stains on my ivory part of the seat.
ha, I haven't but had blood from my finger (didn't realize I even had cut myself) when installing my auto dim mirror and dash cam wiring...I just wiped it off with some dawn and water, can't see it now....I also had sprayed some rain-x fabric on it, doubt that did anything tho

oliver305

First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Country flag
Detailers use professional cleaning solutions to ensure the best results. They also use vacuums, brushes, soap, water, steam cleaners, and deodorants.
Sponsored

Last edited: