Los1391

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CBP Si Sedan
Country flag
Not sure if this has been brought up for the matte style pillars or not (i saw gloss was discussed), But if anyone with a 2018 civic (or ones that came with the matte pillars) can chime on how to repair them that would be great.

worst case scenario I would have to vinyl them or see if I can find brand new ones to replace if they aren’t expensive.

Honda Civic 10th gen Cleaning/repairing Door pillar trim - 2018 civic 78793E19-5403-4A8B-AA11-A6F198234046

Honda Civic 10th gen Cleaning/repairing Door pillar trim - 2018 civic D9D6FCC2-F7D3-4F13-8761-6B281822442E

TriangleHeat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Coupe (FC4, K20C2)
Country flag
Looks like it has surface oxidation of some kind. I'd try a chemical of some kind to see if it can soften and lift the stuff without damaging the surface. Things to try on this category:
1. A black trim polish or trim shine in general. Rub it in until you see dirt come off on your towel. These are non-abrasive so only what's on the surface should rub off. Meguiar's Ultimate Black plastic restorer or Stoner's Trim Shine are two mentionables here. At minimum this should restore shine and color if it doesn't remove the oxidation outright.
2. If that doesn't work or it just hides the oxidation by restoring color (which I would consider a success and not go further) but you do want to go further, I'd go for the next more aggressive step which is something with a mild abrasive (cleaning properties). Usually a synthetic cleaner wax that's says it's safe for plastic trim (carnauba cleaner waxes usually aren't). Cleaner waxes have light abrasives in there like aluminum oxide or powdered diatomaceous earth which will lightly abrade the upper layer and hopefully remove whatever's on top, exposing fresh plastic/rubber underneath. You'll see black come off on the towel, this is normal. Just keep rubbing in circles until you've removed enough of the oxidation but don't go too crazy. Once this is done, follow it up with black plastic restorer for protection like Meguiar's Ultimate Black, put another coating of stronger non-cleaner wax or just leave it alone, up to you.

decocamber

First Name
scot reilly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I'd just replace to be honest. I can't imagine that particular piece looking good after a diy paint. Aftermarket carbon ones ate 50 bucks for a pair. Oem ones look to be around 100.

192.168.100.1 192.168.1.1