Cleaning products are the best for paint protection.

Newcivwhodis

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Type R Boost blue
Country flag
Hey y’all! I was wondering what products you guys would say is the best for keeping your car clean and also kind of a wax. I use meguiars spray thing it’s kind of like a wax but I was just curious as to what you guys use!?
Thank y’all for yalls help!
Sponsored

Dejavu

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CTR
Country flag
I use Carpro reset for washing and c2v3 as drying aid and/or sealant (every 2-3 months) since I have CSL and EXO coatings. C2V3 is very easy to apply and has generally acceptable lifetime.

OP
OP
Newcivwhodis

Newcivwhodis

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I use Carpro reset for washing and c2v3 as drying aid and/or sealant (every 2-3 months) since I have CSL and EXO coatings. C2V3 is very easy to apply and has generally acceptable lifetime.
Do you have the boost blue type r as well? I’m trying to keep this paint as protected as possible

OrchidFc3

First Name
Holly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R, 1996 ITR, 1992 SI
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Adam's shampoo with foam cannon then I use P&S bead maker as a drying aid. Ads lots of gloss and slickness and is a good paint protection. I do plan on ceramic coating my car this summer with Carpro 3.0UK to help with maintenance washes.

R-10552

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Acura RDX Aspec, 2019 Civic Si (wife's)
Country flag
I use Jesscar Powerlock+ paint sealant then 2 coats of Collinite 845. Great combo. I use P&S Beadmaker as my drying aid.

OP
OP
Newcivwhodis

Newcivwhodis

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Any suggestions for like the best ya protection?

ez12a

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 CW Type R
Country flag
PPF the front end and ceramic coat the rest.

Krisis52

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CTR Sonic Gray Pearl
Country flag
I used chemical guys mr pink soap, a nanoskin clay mit, adams iron remover, sonax perfect finish to polish with a white foam pad. Then used gyeon prep and coated mine with Avalonking armor shield I use P&S bead maker for maintenance and will be changing over to all P&S Renny Doyle collection for cleaning and maintenance, after the amazing experience I had with bead maker.

edit: Added pics

Honda Civic 10th gen Cleaning products are the best for paint protection. MVIMG_20200524_202324 (2)

Honda Civic 10th gen Cleaning products are the best for paint protection. MVIMG_20200524_202252 (2)

OP
OP
Newcivwhodis

Newcivwhodis

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I used chemical guys mr pink soap, a nanoskin clay mit, adams iron remover, sonax perfect finish to polish with a white foam pad. Then used gyeon prep and coated mine with Avalonking armor shield I use P&S bead maker for maintenance and will be changing over to all P&S Renny Doyle collection for cleaning and maintenance, after the amazing experience I had with bead maker.

edit: Added pics

MVIMG_20200524_202324 (2).jpg

MVIMG_20200524_202252 (2).jpg
Lookin sharp! I feel like that’s so much stuff haha but if it keeps the car lookin juicy who cares

Krisis52

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CTR Sonic Gray Pearl
Country flag
Lookin sharp! I feel like that’s so much stuff haha but if it keeps the car lookin juicy who cares
After ceramic coating it makes cleaning soo easy. Quick wash dry and a spray of bead maker and its good to go. My wifes car has been done for over a year and its still so easy to clean and beads water like a fresh coat of traditional wax.

Dejavu

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CTR
Country flag
Do you have the boost blue type r as well? I’m trying to keep this paint as protected as possible
Yes I do! I love the color so I put money and effort into protecting it. Personally I think the most effective way to protect the paint is to get PPF and ceramic coating. PPF protects the rock chips and ceramic adds another layer of protection against natural elements.

If none of the above are not favorable to you, I would suggest putting on a sealant by a professional detailer that will last about 6 months. Or you can also do it yourself if you can. For products, it all comes down to personal preferences but generally CarPro products are great.

OP
OP
Newcivwhodis

Newcivwhodis

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yes I do! I love the color so I put money and effort into protecting it. Personally I think the most effective way to protect the paint is to get PPF and ceramic coating. PPF protects the rock chips and ceramic adds another layer of protection against natural elements.

If none of the above are not favorable to you, I would suggest putting on a sealant by a professional detailer that will last about 6 months. Or you can also do it yourself if you can. For products, it all comes down to personal preferences but generally CarPro products are great.
Yeah I’m getting ppf done but only the bumper and the splash zones by the tire wells. I’ve been reading on ceramic coats are they really useful? Or do they even work well? I wanted to do the carunba wax or something like that but it’s like $1000+ But I for sure want a good sealer and uv protector for my car that also shines like crazy.
Sponsored