Cleaning black armrest

babinjm

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
How the hell do you clean these things? Also will the 303 fabric guard prevent them from turning white. Very annoying that they turn white so easily.
Sponsored

MugenCivicX

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
How the hell do you clean these things? Also will the 303 fabric guard prevent them from turning white. Very annoying that they turn white so easily.
I just use carpet and upholstrey cleaner "any apc" and dab it in with a wet cloth (do not wipe!) And then use a wetdry vac to suck out the excess moisture. It's a constant struggle!

MattyNice

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I just use carpet and upholstrey cleaner "any apc" and dab it in with a wet cloth (do not wipe!) And then use a wetdry vac to suck out the excess moisture. It's a constant struggle!
I vacuum mine w the soft bristle brush for the dash and that gets most of it. Then wipe it down w a damp microfiber towel. Good as new

dmitri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si sedan
Country flag
I tried the 303 and it did nothing, and I'm sure others will have the same (lack of) effect.

One of the very first things I did with this car was to look for leather alternatives... That black stuff was a terrible design choice on Honda's part.

TrippyTreb

First Name
Tteb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 FC3 Si
Country flag
I tried the 303 and it did nothing, and I'm sure others will have the same (lack of) effect.

One of the very first things I did with this car was to look for leather alternatives... That black stuff was a terrible design choice on Honda's part.
I am also looking for leather alternatives for the door and center console cloth. I hate the cheap feel of it and the fact that it absorbs every molecule of dust and skin cells. I am thinking of getting an upholstery shop to do a custom job. Honda offered to swap the actual OEM parts from an EX-L, but the dealer quoted me $400. I feel like the parts dont even cost 1/4 of that. And all I want are the parts, they think I want them to do it or cant do it myself.

I would love to have matching leather and red stitching from the shift knob, but that might be too much to ask for.

R4y30n

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
On previous cars I had pretty good results getting smudges out of cloth headliners similar to the arm rest fabric with just a dry mircofiber cloth...

Captaindicki

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Coupe (sold)
Country flag
I’d imagine a damp cloth or soft bristle brush would lift the skin particles out, just as iv done on the seats. But I avoid that annoying staining altogether by placing a thin black towel on the armrest
Sponsored