• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Cleaning and Maintaining The Seats

VBinNV

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2014 Mazda3 iGT 6MT
Every car I've ever owned either had leather (or imitation leather) or fabric seats but the Intergra has combination seats. Anyone out there have advice on care/products/problems?

springconvert

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2008 Honda Element EX AWD
I’m interested in this too. The suede style material that makes up most of the seat seems like it’s going to take some work to keep clean (and is why I’m only considering the black interior).

RRP RSX-S

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Mustang GT
Ask any CTR owner like I did. The suede is not a problem to clean.

IntegraAgain

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
5th Gen 2023 Integra A-Spec 6MT - PWP
I've been considering this recently, and another discussion in a thread on this site, about the red faux leather interior being effected over time by passengers wearing blue jeans? I have not heard of this, and I think that poster said that jeans wearers can turn the red seats purple or something... I guess if they are brand new jeans?
Has anyone ever had this happen? If everything works out with my new Integra order, I'm getting the white with red interior colorway and want to be prepared.

Banshee

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Porsche GT3, Porsche C2S Cabrio, 07 Civic Si, 09 Fit Sport, 17 Type R

RRP RSX-S

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Mustang GT

Banshee

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Porsche GT3, Porsche C2S Cabrio, 07 Civic Si, 09 Fit Sport, 17 Type R

wj4

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra A-SPEC Tech
I use Sonax to clean the microfiber/alcantara/suede like...
Here is a link to see what I use:
https://www.amazon.com/Sonax-206141-Upholstery-Alcantara-Cleaner/dp/B00BBWJ16U/ref=sr_1_5?crid=7OZ2593JFMYY&keywords=sonax&qid=1648414792&sprefix=sonax,aps,163&sr=8-5

Hopefully this will help you make your decision.
Thank you for this. I picked up a 2023 White Integra with red interior a couple of weeks ago, and was looking for something to clean the seats. Would you only use this product for stains? Or would it be wise to use it regularly even if there are no visible stains?

On an unrelated topic...boy does it feel interesting to be back on a car message board after a 12 year hiatus, LOL.

Escobar929

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 BMW M2cs, 2023 Acura Integra
Thank you for this. I picked up a 2023 White Integra with red interior a couple of weeks ago, and was looking for something to clean the seats. Would you only use this product for stains? Or would it be wise to use it regularly even if there are no visible stains?

On an unrelated topic...boy does it feel interesting to be back on a car message board after a 12 year hiatus, LOL.
I use the same product on the Alcantara in my M2 and I use it for maintenance, even if theres no visible stains. It’s better to keep it clean and in good condition. I plan on doing the same with the Integra.

wj4

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I use the same product on the Alcantara in my M2 and I use it for maintenance, even if theres no visible stains. It’s better to keep it clean and in good condition. I plan on doing the same with the Integra.
Thanks for the quick reply! So you use this every time you clean the interior? If it's good enough for your M2, it's good enough for my Integra :)

My nicest car was my 335i. I ordered that thing when they first came out in 2007, but dang...it was a headache to maintain after 75K miles. My last car was a TSX (I got rid of the 335i for it...wanted something reliable). It lasted me nearly 12 years, but the plastic and rubber parts were showing age in the latter years. I sold her couple of weeks ago for the Integra.

I just had the Integra ceramic coated since it doesn't get garaged and I'm doing everything I can to make sure she looks as good as possible.

Escobar929

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 BMW M2cs, 2023 Acura Integra
Thanks for the quick reply! So you use this every time you clean the interior? If it's good enough for your M2, it's good enough for my Integra :)

My nicest car was my 335i. I ordered that thing when they first came out in 2007, but dang...it was a headache to maintain after 75K miles. My last car was a TSX (I got rid of the 335i for it...wanted something reliable). It lasted me nearly 12 years, but the plastic and rubber parts were showing age in the latter years. I sold her couple of weeks ago for the Integra.

I just had the Integra ceramic coated since it doesn't get garaged and I'm doing everything I can to make sure she looks as good as possible.
my routine is every time I wash the car, I vacuum and wipe down anything that looks dusty. Then about a month, maybe 6 weeks at most, I give the interior a deeper cleaning. Wipe down all the panels, condition the leather and the alcantara, clean all the windows. So I’ll be doing the same with the Integra.

and yea, I hear ya about the maintenance on BMWs as they get older. Was also part of the reason I went with the Integra, ideally would like to keep it for longer than 4-5 years. If it last 12 years like your TSX, that would be a great success

wj4

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
my routine is every time I wash the car, I vacuum and wipe down anything that looks dusty. Then about a month, maybe 6 weeks at most, I give the interior a deeper cleaning. Wipe down all the panels, condition the leather and the alcantara, clean all the windows. So I’ll be doing the same with the Integra.

and yea, I hear ya about the maintenance on BMWs as they get older. Was also part of the reason I went with the Integra, ideally would like to keep it for longer than 4-5 years. If it last 12 years like your TSX, that would be a great success
Thanks! I spent $150 on some stuff from the Chemical Guys today. Will be back to washing my own car again. Lol.

The TSX was still running well at 170k miles when I sold her. I was a bit sad honestly since that was a big chunk of my life that happened with that car. Lol. $33K well spent. Neve threw a CEL. I only upgraded the car because I couldn’t get the CAT error to clear for CA smog check. I figure it was time to upgrade.

The only con was that the plastic panel around the armrest was peeling for some reason. Mechanically it was a tank.

Wojo

First Name
Beef Cake
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra A-Spec CVT, 2015 TLX , 2002 TL Type S
i hope it's not to much of a problem with the Alcantara, i would much prefer straight leather then
a mix, but it seems like everyone is doing this now, i do have a seat cover on the drivers side, ( i work
in a dirty enviroment ) so i dont think i will have to clean that much,