Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Type-R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Hey everyone! I thought I'd share my journey through my build process here. I know as an enthusiast myself, I've always referred back to these forums for inspiration and spent hours digging through these pages.

Before getting into the R in October of 2021, I've owned a 2007 V6 6 Speed Accord Coupe that was pretty heavily modified. And just recently sold my 2012 A4 Avant. I'd like to consider myself an enthusiast haha.

But picked her up brand new in Dallas TX and drove her back 1,500 miles. Unfortunately, the dealer had drilled holes for the front plate bracket and tinted the windows =/.

The goal with the R is to keep it OEM+ as possible and make the ultimate daily. My plans for heavy modifications are going to be reserved for cars I'll obtain in the future - a 2008-2009 RYP S2000 and either a Evo IX or an imported Evo VI. The ultimate JDM garage with each FWD, RWD, and AWD platforms.

Future mods: Mugen Lip Kit, Mugen taillights, OG Spec TE37's (18x10 +41), Spoon Spring + SPC Camber Kit, Spoon Side Mirror & Rear View Mirror Glass, OEM JDM Clear Side Markers, Armytrix Valved Exhaust System.

Current modifications -

Exterior:
  • Xpel PPF (Bikini Cut + Front Grill + Fog lights & Surrounds)
  • Xpel XR+ Tint 70% windshield/55% around
  • OEM Door Edge Guards
  • OEM Wheel Locks
  • OEM Rain Visors *not installed*
  • OEM body side molding *not installed*
  • OEM LE Black Civic Badge *not installed*

Interior
  • Garmin Dash Cam Mini 2
  • OEM Trunk Tray
  • OEM Rear Seat Back Protector *not installed*
  • OEM Console Illuminations *not installed*
  • OEM Illuminated Door Sills *not installed*
  • OEM Footwell Illumination *not installed*
  • Honda Access Dome LED (red LED retrofit done by Nicholas) *not installed*
  • Honda Access Door Pocket and Door Handle Illumination *not installed*
Drivetrain
  • PRL HVI Intake *not installed*
  • Adjusted Master Cylinder Rod + Clutch Pedal Play
  • PRL SS Clutch Line *not installed*
  • Acuity Shifter Bushing *not installed*
  • Hybrid Racing Detent Springs *not installed*
  • Hassport Rear Motor Mount 62a *not installed*

Honda Civic 10th gen Clean. Functional. Daily. Build Thread IMG_4485

Honda Civic 10th gen Clean. Functional. Daily. Build Thread IMG_4492

Honda Civic 10th gen Clean. Functional. Daily. Build Thread IMG_5772

Last edited:
OP
OP
Austin FK8

Austin FK8

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Type-R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
First oil change done just short of 4,000 miles. I did noticed the oil did smell a bit like gas and some micro particles (I don't think it's shavings). All looked normalish for a first break in oil change. Hopefully haha.

One of the biggest annoyances working on the R is the far back jack up point on the front... I've tried multiple ramps and found that Race Ramps 4' Roll Up Ramps are the BEST solution for getting to that jack point. It clears the front bumper along with that air dam under our splitter. Compared to the 2.5' ramps that I've seen commonly used, the extra 1.5' makes such a big difference. I can actually get under there comfortably and get the jack right on the jack up point.

On stock height, it's a perfect solution. If you're lowered on springs, I'd imagine that piece of plastic might make contact but just the slightest.

Honda Civic 10th gen Clean. Functional. Daily. Build Thread IMG_6026

Last edited: