clay bar lubricant

biosses

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
Dumb question, but are there any clay bar lubricant alternatives? such as home made? Is it possible to use soap with water mixture? i rather not spent $ on a bottle of lubricant if i don't need to. I have been buying Meguiar or Mothers lubricant with clay bar on Amazon.
Sponsored

GoldClass

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatchback
Country flag
If the clay bar is use as a one-off, yes, you could use as the clay bar will disintegrate and will not last long.

nizarz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic LX
Country flag
Dumb question, but are there any clay bar lubricant alternatives? such as home made? Is it possible to use soap with water mixture? i rather not spent $ on a bottle of lubricant if i don't need to. I have been buying Meguiar or Mothers lubricant with clay bar on Amazon.
A little car shampoo in a spray bottle filled with water is more than adequate. I never buy bottles of lube.

JohnnyL

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Coupe EX
Country flag
A little car shampoo in a spray bottle filled with water is more than adequate. I never buy bottles of lube.
I've done the same thing. Works well.

OP
OP

biosses

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag

it seem like a waste of money, trying to find alternative, something won't damage the paint..etc.
Sponsored