• ⛔️ EFFECTIVE JANUARY 16, 2023 ⛔️ 

ATTENTION SELLERS: All users who wish to sell in the marketplace are now required to abide by the following RULES. If a sales thread/post created ON OR AFTER January 16, 2023, does not comply, it is subject to DELETION without notice.

ATTENTION BUYERS: If you see a non-compliant sales thread, please REPORT the thread and take CAUTION when transacting.

Rule #1 - Post a picture of the actual item you are selling (NO stock photos).
    Rule #2 - The picture must include a REAL piece of paper with your Username and the Date written on it next to the product you are selling. NO photoshop or digitally edited photos are allowed.
    Rule #3 - NO "feeler" threads are permitted. This section is only for items that are actually available and ready to be sold currently.
    Rule #4 - The listing must include an asking price. OBO (or best offer) is allowed but it must be accompanied by an asking price.
    Rule #5 - No "threadcrapping." Classifieds threads are not meant for negative discussions. Comments on pricing are not allowed. Only people with genuine questions and interest in the item for sale should be posting in the classifieds threads.

Classifieds site suggestion request @Admin

Agree or disagree?

• Agree

Votes: 13 72.2%
  • Disagree

Votes: 5 27.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

xXoVrKiLLXx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R ABM
Not sure how to go about doing this so Ill start here. Admin please close this out/delete it if it stirs up any commotion. I have been a member of quite a few car forums in the past years (Subaru WRX/Focus ST/Mustang GT, and now civic X). The ladder would separate their classifieds into multiple categories. Id like to make a suggestion/request for the sellers here that use the Classifieds. Would it be possible for admin to create a few subcategories under classifieds (per model i.e. SI/TypeR/Sport/etc...) (nothing crazy to start) but one for car parts, and one for cars for sale. I know in my experience in the past this has helped sellers and buyers find and or sell what they are looking for a little easier.
For Buyers - if they are looking for a car for sale they go to cars for sale under the right model and that's all they see, if they are looking for parts they go to the parts category under the right model and that's all they see.
For Sellers - they don't miss a potential sale because their post got missed due to the past 10 or 12 thread bumps on car parts for sale etc...
This is just a suggestion but I really think it would help organize/cleanup the classifieds instead of it being a shotgun blast for everything for sure. What are your thoughts?
Sponsored

Last edited:

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
I'm not the admin here but have been one elsewhere for 20 years...

I think the setup here works pretty well.

For starters, relatively few vehicles are sold or attempted to be sold in our classifieds.

As far as categories, it could be nice, but not necessarily needed either. The simple trick for users to find stuff easily is to use the Search feature. Plug in your search term, then choose "this forum". Voila!

The only thing we're missing IMO is a seller/buyer rating/feedback system. That would be a nice add on.

Finally (putting my admin cap on), the issue is logistics. At this point it would be a huge undertaking to categorize and move every existing topic into those categories.

Last edited:

Benb870

CTR 23172 Midnight Express
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8 &2006 Lotus Elise
Country flag
Separated for parts and cars is not a bad idea.

dem2757

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 FK7
Country flag
The for sale section is a wasteland of open posts anyways. Just cleaning that up would help....

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
You misunderstood what I was saying. I never said cars are never posted or sold here. I was just talking relative percentages. Out of the thousands of threads in the Member Classifieds, only a small portion are vehicle for sale ads.

princeRS

First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type R
Country flag
You misunderstood what I was saying. I never said cars are never posted or sold here. I was just talking relative percentages. Out of the thousands of threads in the Member Classifieds, only a small portion are vehicle for sale ads.
ahh you are 100% correct, apologies. i feel like people list their R’s for sale in bulk as soon as they see 1 FS thread created lol