Class action lawsuit for Honda16-18 Civic AC?

tacocat

First Name
matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si coupe
Country flag
Nope, I have extended warranty but THEY DONT COVERED my compressor.

they should cover All AC and All defect from Honda. If not, this could be my last honda and i will tell my friends and family to avoid honda they are being asshole on poor workmanship and services
Who is your extended warranty with? If it's Hondacare it's covered unless you've done something wrong or the car has been in a accident. If it's some aftermarket warranty the dealer uses then it's not a Honda issue it's the dealer that sold you the useless warranty.
Sponsored

Ron21

First Name
Rom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic EX-T
Country flag
Who is your extended warranty with? If it's Hondacare it's covered unless you've done something wrong or the car has been in a accident. If it's some aftermarket warranty the dealer uses then it's not a Honda issue it's the dealer that sold you the useless warranty.
I haven’t been into an accident or anything else to void warranty.
it just they don’t cover it because warranty doesn’t cover it. Not about voiding it.
Sorry for any misunderstanding

latole

Civic Lx 2018 Manual , Civic LX 2016 Manual
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I haven’t been into an accident or anything else to void warranty.
it just they don’t cover it because warranty doesn’t cover it. Not about voiding it.
Sorry for any misunderstanding

No extended warranty ? Only standard one ?

Ron21

First Name
Rom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic EX-T
Country flag
No extended warranty ? Only standard one ?
I got the extended warranty but they only cover the condenser.
not compressor. Which is bad, idk man i might go back buying a slow toyota which is more reliable

civicmanic

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring ; 2020 CR-V Sport(wife)
Country flag
I got the extended warranty but they only cover the condenser.
The condenser is covered under a 10 year complimentary (free) extended warranty from Honda. If you've purchased an extended manufacturer warranty and are still within the timeframe of the coverage, the compressor is 100% covered. You need to contact Honda Corp. as the dealer is lying.

Rwilmoth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX
Country flag
I have a 17 civic ex that started randomly blowing warm air and then back to cold about a month or 2 ago. Then, about 2 weeks ago, it stopped blowing cold completely and is just a fan blowing warm air. I heard about this compressor warranty from Honda and I have an appointment with my closest dealer on Saturday. I have not done anything in terms of diagnosing the problem except replacing the relay for the compressor clutch and I am kind of banking on it being the condenser so it will be free.

I am a little worried that they are going to tell me the compressor is bad but I'm not sure how I can test that without buying the diy recharge kit and I don't want to recharge it right before I take it to them incase the ac is temporarily fixed while it's on the shop. I'm sure they'd charge me something just to tell me they were unable to duplicate the problem and then I'd be back to hot air in how ever long it takes to leak out (if it is in fact a leak).

Should I put the stock relay back in before I take the car to them? The clutch does not spin no matter what with or without the new relay so I'm hoping it's because the refrigerant is low or empty.

Rwilmoth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX
Country flag
Also,

Shouldn't the fact that we have to pay for the diagnostic if it's not the condenser be addressed? I've heard of people paying $400+ just for the diagnostic when there is no reasonable way for an average customer to test the condenser or any of the AC system for leaks or functionality issues. Wouldn't it be reasonable to assume the test is free if the problem involves the AC system? I can see being charged for other repairs since they aren't mentioned on this extended warranty but it still sucks.

Ron21

First Name
Rom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic EX-T
Country flag
The condenser is covered under a 10 year complimentary (free) extended warranty from Honda. If you've purchased an extended manufacturer warranty and are still within the timeframe of the coverage, the compressor is 100% covered. You need to contact Honda Corp. as the dealer is lying.
is this for real? It really covers both Condenser and Compressor?

yes i still have extended warranty up to 100k miles.

my current mileages is around 65k.

latole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I think you’re right. I will check with another dealer because that “specific” honda dealer sucks

Read the paper what you warranty said.Don't truss the dealer

No_One

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic EX
Country flag
My extended warranty came from my credit union, not Honda.

Basically, it is more of a mechanical breakdown insurance policy.
120 K miles and 10 years coverage.
I am at 12K miles and almost 4 years on my 2018.
The price varied based on the deductible you chose at purchase time.
I chose 100 dollar deductible.

I checked and it seems to cover most A/C
9. Air Conditioning - Compressor and mounting brackets, clutch and pulley, condenser, evaporator, temperature control programmer, high/low pressure cutoff switches, high/low pressure hoses, pressure cycling switch, thermostat, drier, temperature control head, fasteners for the components listed above and freon-refrigerant, if necessary, in conjunction with repair of components listed.

@latole has the correct answer.
Read the wording in your Extended Warranty that you purchase.

Last edited:

No_One

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic EX
Country flag
I agree, I have not used the policy yet.

Service advisor let me know that the condenser is showing evidence of leaks.
Honda will cover that.
Yet what else will we find?

OP
OP

fuhongl

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2016
Country flag
If you walk into a Honda dealer with AC blow hot air and look for diagnosis, it is certainly more inclined for them to tell you the problem is not condenser, because :
1. other parts are more expensive like compressor, condenser almost most cheap.
2. For condenser they need to get money from Honda thru much paperwork, why not just screw money easily from consumers?