Clash of Clans: Civic Type R Takes on STI and 370Z (Review)

bubbaleenc

Owning the country roads.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 EX-T Sedan '01 4Runner '18 Suburban
Country flag
Doing 100mph in this car feels like you're doing 50 its crazy !!
I've been surprised by my car's speed too. The first time it caught me off guard, I was in a pack of cars on a rural interstate passing folks like crazy. Then something on my dashboard caught my lower peripheral vision: a 3rd digit on the speedometer! It felt so similar to driving at 60mph that I had to look a couple times before I could believe I was rolling over 100mph and not 100kph!
Sponsored

shutupish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 honda civic
Country flag
I've been surprised by my car's speed too. The first time it caught me off guard, I was in a pack of cars on a rural interstate passing folks like crazy. Then something on my dashboard caught my lower peripheral vision: a 3rd digit on the speedometer! It felt so similar to driving at 60mph that I had to look a couple times before I could believe I was rolling over 100mph and not 100kph!
Same with me. I looked down at the dash and i was going 115. The car is really stable at high speeds

DevonK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Country flag
My old miata was amazingly fun because it felt like going warp speed even at 40mph.
Exactly why I am cross-shopping an ND. Opportunities to drive at huge speeds around here without losing your license are essentially non-existent.

Z_Rocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Import
Country flag
Hopefully, for 2018 MY, Honda will make lots of CTR that we can go to dealer and buy it at MSRP without all the current BS on markups.
Right now Honda has this market all to itself, sell the hell out of it.

SoichiroSan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 VW GTI Sport, '17 Si coupe
Looking forward to the inevitable comparison tests between Type R, Golf R, and Focus RS. The Civic will probably wipe the floor with those two.

ronmcdon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 FiestaST, 19 Si, Camaro Z1LE, EvoX, 98 240sx
Country flag
Kinda depressing and unsurprising comparison.

It was a given both the Z and Sti were outdated, but I couldnt have predicted by this much. Adding insult to injury was bringing out a base Z, just going to show how uncommitted Nissan is to promoting the poor car today. A nismo z would have put up more of a fight at least.

Agreed a Focus RS comparison would have been more fitting, as would imo a camaro v6 1 LE and Ford Mustang Ecoboost w performance pack.

firsthonda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
g6
So is the civic line up now complete? I know they said a new slew of type r variants but is it pretty much done ?
Sponsored