Clash of Clans: Civic Type R Takes on STI and 370Z (Review)

Boostlag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NC2 MX5 (Miata)
Country flag
granted 370z might not be the fastest but from that review the editors loved it. Its rwd and has a neutral balance that rear will break away before the front, sounds like a fun car to drift around.
Sponsored

Gomba3333

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R (CW)
Ironically, this review more than anything makes me miss my 370Z.

It was a fantastic car. Slower, less practical, but it has a certain kind of soul.

One day maybe I'll have both.

CTR1633FK2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R Fk2 + Civic Type R Fk8
Country flag
If the rear breaks away before the front, it should be called oversteer or mild oversteer.

Boostlag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NC2 MX5 (Miata)
Country flag
I've never driven a 370 but drove a 350 and wasn't really impressed the way it drove, sounded or build quality.

Slickone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Le Car
Country flag
Picking the regular 370Z is kind of like picking a lower model Civic. Top model Civic should have been tested against the top model 370Z.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R #00969 BLK, 2015 Nissan 370Z Roadster (BLK), 2019 Civic Si Modern Steel Metalic
Country flag
Thanks for posting this article. As I have a 370Z and a CTR I enjoyed reading the comparison. Just before I bought the CTR I said I would never give up the Z for a CTR. I still wouldn't want to give up my Z, but the CTR is one impressive beast! My 370Z is the roadster touring, but I have upgraded intake and exhaust to match Nismo offering. I won't go into my opinion about the comparison, it would be like naming your favorite child!

baldheadracing

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Country flag
I'm not saying it would have made up the time. I'm saying that it would have made for a better comparison test. It's already the most aged car here. Why not at least make it as much of a fair fight as possible?

And saying that it is the single only car they could get is a lame excuse. Really, there is not a single Sport or Nismo on any dealer lot that could have been had? Not one? Really?
True. AFAIK, only Consumer Reports buys their test cars. The rest of the automotive world is compromised by using cars supplied by manufacturers. The manufacturer supplied the car used; if Nissan wants to handicap themselves, then they suffer the consequences.

Boostlag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NC2 MX5 (Miata)
Country flag
realistically, noone is cross shopping a 2 seater to a 4dr hatchback. I would think the Mustang Gt would be a direct competitor to the Z.

FK8 Twigs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR #01007
Country flag
I actually like the blend of cars in this review, versus the normal hot hatch comparison. It's nice to see a comparison of different body styles and drivetrains that at least share one thing in common - performance.

Boostlag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NC2 MX5 (Miata)
Country flag
I actually like the blend of cars in this review, versus the normal hot hatch comparison. It's nice to see a comparison of different body styles and drivetrains that at least share one thing in common - performance.
I think for the price range for the absolute performance Camaro 1le can't be touched. They're being heavily discounted and can be had for high 38k. Talking faster than 991 GT3 for a fraction of a price. I just can't get over the view out of the thing and the price of those 305 tire replacements.

DevonK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Country flag
Doing 100mph in this car feels like you're doing 50 its crazy !!
That worries me a bit when it comes to really enjoying this car at legal (or let's be honest here, near-legal) speeds once the novelty wears off. Is its uber-competence going to make the car boring or frustrating in everyday driving? My father had a 911 and it was a total hoot to drive hard, but cruising around in it near the speed limit was frustrating, legal speeds felt so slow in that car.

Boostlag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NC2 MX5 (Miata)
Country flag
My old miata was amazingly fun because it felt like going warp speed even at 40mph.
Sponsored